• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

bipolar

gypsiejunkie

Bluelighter
I just want to say that I am exhausted and so tired of being bipolar. I just want to fucking live my life like a normal person but I can't. I've got so much going on at any given moment. crisis after crisis. I'm so impulsive and compulsive and just reckless. I think this all stems from being addicted to huffing when I was 15 so you know what can you do? and a lot of trauma. my point is though...what the fuck can I do about it?? nothing. I'm on meds (abilify shot) and I no longer obsess about killing myself/suicidal using and behavior, I've pretty much balanced out emotionally but it's not slowing down the compulsive/impulsive behavior and I'm about to be in serious legal trouble among other issues. idk what to do...I need to be locked in my house and never leave.

Have you considered that perhaps there may be something else going on? I'm not saying go off meds that are working, but my team figured I just had type 2 bipolar. Turns out it was completely dead wrong, and I have a completely different diagnosis.

In any case, I'm sorry that you are dealing with this. I wish I had some advice but I don't really. I have a bank account where I can lock my savings for a day. That's about it.

I just want to say that I am exhausted and so tired of being bipolar. I just want to fucking live my life like a normal person but I can't. I've got so much going on at any given moment. crisis after crisis. I'm so impulsive and compulsive and just reckless. I think this all stems from being addicted to huffing when I was 15 so you know what can you do? and a lot of trauma. my point is though...what the fuck can I do about it?? nothing. I'm on meds (abilify shot) and I no longer obsess about killing myself/suicidal using and behavior, I've pretty much balanced out emotionally but it's not slowing down the compulsive/impulsive behavior and I'm about to be in serious legal trouble among other issues. idk what to do...I need to be locked in my house and never leave.
So my doctor(who is broke and a p.o.s) has this little neurological brain scan thing(I don't remember the name of it) but u basically look at shapes on a screen with eyes open and closed and press a button when directed and watch these shapes and shit while listening to directions of pressing this button and it somehow tells you about mental disorders. It prints out pictures of your brain and the areas that worked the most during all the blah blah blah. I was diagnosed bipolar young asf yet these results said I was more A.D.D. I ended up losing the paper work but it can really help them with finding your true disorders neurologically and maybe they prescribe what helps. I'm trying to do the same thing. Anyhow I hope this helped and good luck 🙏

So my doctor(who is broke and a p.o.s) has this little neurological brain scan thing(I don't remember the name of it) but u basically look at shapes on a screen with eyes open and closed and press a button when directed and watch these shapes and shit while listening to directions of pressing this button and it somehow tells you about mental disorders. It prints out pictures of your brain and the areas that worked the most during all the blah blah blah. I was diagnosed bipolar young asf yet these results said I was more A.D.D. I ended up losing the paper work but it can really help them with finding your true disorders neurologically and maybe they prescribe what helps. I'm trying to do the same thing. Anyhow I hope this helped and good luck 🙏
There is no brain scan type thing that can diagnose bipolar accurately, or any mh condition. Sounds like a scam, and you have expressed character concerns re your doctor....

Last edited:

Exercise, routine, cutting off all toxic people and triggers.

so true, but can be so very difficult too

Definitely not the easiest thing to do. I still struggle now and again myself but on the whole i am much more stable from cutting off most of the bad news drain on resources type people in particular. Allows you to focus more on what you need to.

Hey GJ,

Just wanted to say that I'm here thinking of you. I've suffered with bipolar, anxiety/panic disorder, depression, OCD and ADHD my entire life.

You have my deepest respect and understanding.

Sincerely,
Dreamflyer

Old thread - but Abilify can cause compulsive behavior like gambling, sex, drugs... For anyone searching for Abilify, be warned!