View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

BiPolar Disorder in Second Degree Relative - wanting to do psychedelics

SpaceMagic

Greenlighter
I've been considering using psychedelics, however I apparently have two second-degree relatives (uncles) on my fathers side who had BiPolar disorder (out of five children). I do not know what type they were, but I was wondering if this would be a major concern for my usage. They used a lot of drugs in their day. Pretty much anything you could name - but mainly crack/coke. I would never want to get into those kinds of addictive substances, only concerned about psych usage. Do you think I should do it anyways? Or is it too big of a deal.

I would talk to a professional, a doctor or therapist who can watch your progress, and tell you if you're slipping, and microdose in combination with doing cognitive therapy, if you want to get rid of the BPD to an extent.
Normal doses might make everything worse and worse and worse.

edit: O, sorry, diminished reading skill in the morning. I read it as you have BPD and you want to know if you can take psychedelics with it.

In this case I can only say: Psychedelics are a tool, and they should not be used without care. Be aware of what you are doing, and stay calm. Never use them lightly, and never too often.
Start with low doses to smooth into the psychotrope world

editedit: Bipolar is mostly genetic, so if you don't have it now, the chances are slim you will develop it.

Last edited:
depends how old are you are if you in late 20's early 30's without bipolar you are fine. Some bipolar people can take psychedelics fine while others get very manic after the drug wears off.

depends how old are you are if you in late 20's early 30's without bipolar you are fine. Some bipolar people can take psychedelics fine while others get very manic after the drug wears off.
True also some medications for being bipolar such as lithium are very dangerous to take acid or shrooms with.