Bipolar and Benzos(need advice)

simone3

Greenlighter
So I have a horrible addiction with benzos and i just recently relapsed. It's getting very bad again and I was just diagnosed with Bipolar.
Part of me wants to stop taking my medication for bipolar, just because i want to fully enjoy my xanax. Idk how dangerous that would be.
I know this isnt healthy but im stuck. I want to stop taking benzos, but idk how to. I went to my first NA meeting and I feel bad because i had just used that same day. Is it possible for me to stay clean????

So I have a horrible addiction with benzos and i just recently relapsed. It's getting very bad again and I was just diagnosed with Bipolar.
Part of me wants to stop taking my medication for bipolar, just because i want to fully enjoy my xanax. Idk how dangerous that would be.
I know this isnt healthy but im stuck. I want to stop taking benzos, but idk how to. I went to my first NA meeting and I feel bad because i had just used that same day. Is it possible for me to stay clean????

No one has replied to this so I will at least try, although, I don't have much experience with bipolar or benzo addiction.

Of course, I believe its possible to stay clean, but when dealing with a mental disorder like bipolar, its important to speak with your doctor as I have no clue to the severity of your disorder and it maybe harmful to yourself or others to not take your medication.

On the benzo addiction, I can't offer much, but try to taper yourself off or speak with your doctor. There are other alternatives you can use for anxiety (if its prescribed) and you can go through this with your doctor to see what works for you.

Maybe someone with more experience with benzos will reply to your thread or you can check out some others in the similar situation for some advice.

No one has replied to this so I will at least try, although, I don't have much experience with bipolar or benzo addiction.

Of course, I believe its possible to stay clean, but when dealing with a mental disorder like bipolar, its important to speak with your doctor as I have no clue to the severity of your disorder and it maybe harmful to yourself or others to not take your medication.

On the benzo addiction, I can't offer much, but try to taper yourself off or speak with your doctor. There are other alternatives you can use for anxiety (if its prescribed) and you can go through this with your doctor to see what works for you.

Maybe someone with more experience with benzos will reply to your thread or you can check out some others in the similar situation for some advice.

It's Benzo-man to the rescue I guess... First, How much Xanax are you using each day/ whenever you use (and if not each day, when)

Last edited:
^^ This. We need to know your dosage/daily habit to be able to judge the severity of your addiction before being able to give helpful insight!