• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Bioavailability in different forms????

Deicide1212

Bluelighter
I am taking 9mg Hydromorphone Contin (Canadian with the beads). Does anybody know the difference in bioavailability from a crushed powder intranasally, to a liquid intranasally? And, are there any other safety concerns, aside from the higher bioavailability, that I should be aware of, before I attempt this process?

I suppose not, although liquids are more likely to go down your throat, liquids also have a higher volume, so I'd stick to the powder

Hydromorphone has quite a poor BA taken orally just like Oxymorphone and Morphine, all of the Morphinone derivatives are like that. Snorting the H-Contin is probably your best bet however there are ways to increase it's oral BA using Cytochrome P450 inhibitors like fresh Grapefruit Juice or Diphenhydramine.

I suppose not, although liquids are more likely to go down your throat, liquids also have a higher volume, so I'd stick to the powder
Thanks for the answer, much appreciated. The plan is to make, a nasal spray. Snorting the powder over the years, has taken a toll on my nose and lungs, especially because I have asthma.

Hydromorphone has quite a poor BA taken orally just like Oxymorphone and Morphine, all of the Morphinone derivatives are like that. Snorting the H-Contin is probably your best bet however there are ways to increase it's oral BA using Cytochrome P450 inhibitors like fresh Grapefruit Juice or Diphenhydramine.
Thank you for the reply, much appreciated. I have been snorting on and off for a number of years. Do you think I could get the desired effect, orally, using these inhibitors, or is it too late, as I have been snorting, already, for some time. Any useful, (safe) tips or tricks, aside from the IV route, would be greatly appreciated.