• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Bingeing my way sober

lolis my thesis

Bluelighter
I get 90 hydrocodone monthly for breakthru pain. I can do without it but I sure abuse it for a high over about 12 days. Thinking about using my addiction to Norco to lower my methadone dose. Take 150 mgs a day of the Norco while abstaining from the 30mgs of methadone for those days, then taking 20mgs methadone instead of 30mg on day 7.

Would 150mg day Hydro for 6 days be enough to cover my 30mg methadone withdrawal. I know methadone is a beast!

God I am a degenerate but I love the warm blanket buzz from Vicodin. Maybe I can use it in a more strategic way, or is this just a stupid idea?

You get your methadone like for pain so they're take home scripts I assume?

I would think that amount of hydro would cover it, but idk there's no way to say for sure really, and my default HR answer should be to just tell you take your scripts as prescribed, of course lol.

I just kinda like the idea; because there is no other way in heck I can go 6 days without the done; want to see what happens to my tolly if I do...I abuse my hydro script as it is on top of methadone. I am thinking the hydrocodone will also work better the less methadone I take....

You know about alternatives to get your tolerance down, like dissociatives (memantine, DXM) or ultra low dose naltrexone? Black seed oil is usually recommended, and pregabalin can aid with tapering down.