• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Binge Eating Disorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

coco0410

Bluelighter
Right now I'm going to start taking 40 mg of Vyvanse once a day in the morning and 15mg of topamax at night before bed. I'm trying to lose weight, and my psychiatrist thinks this will help with the BED. Does topamax make you sleepy or something? Thanks for always all the help everyone, love this community. Message me if you ever need support!!

Tiredness is a common effect of topamax.

The acronym BED sounds harmless, and actual something well needed for a tweaker like myself, but it's a real disease and i wish you the best, my friend.

Topirimate (Topamax) has a wide range of side-effects, both negative and positive depending upon the indication for which it is prescribed, but it typically does not fall readily into the sedative and/or hypnotic category as easily as other drugs would. Did your prescriber mention why he wanted to put you on the Topirimate at the time of the consult?

^I was under the assumption that the Dextroamphetamine was being prescribed for the eating disorder as it is a well-known and studied appetite suppressant. You then mentioned the fact that the Topirimate was being taken at night and asked if it made you sleepy, so I was just trying to put two and two together. Apologies.

Here are a list of most of the noted effects and/or side effects associated with Topiramate. If you have any other more specific questions which cannot be answered by Wikipedia or Google, you know where to find us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topiramate

Topinax is used for dieting, among other things

It isn’t known for drowsiness as far as I know - you have any further questions, mPm us, as Keif basically said - Luck

Lorme

Status
Not open for further replies.