• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Bill would ban kratom statewide (Florida)

Didn't read it but christ...Kratom, really??!! Guese everyone who had a gram of oxy habbit from pill mills a few years ago are robbing people to get Kratom now? If people would just stop selling it in gas stations/headshops and having Kratom/kava bars on the beach..

So if I choose to pick up an alcohol habit before jumping to my death that's sufficient evidence that alcohol should be banned right? Sounds logical... Quite the double standard here. Florida has been trying to ban kratom for the longest, I'm not sure how much longer kratom lobbyists can fight them off. Glad that kratom has a strong user base and people willing to fight back, a couple states have been saved by pro-kratom organizations.

I agree SS, it's the pre-packaged gas station and headshop kratom seeming to bring most of the negative attention. The lack of deaths associated with kratom is leading to weak arguements for total banishment like the suicide in that article, pretty humorous. I'm sure that because of a lack of age requirements when purchasing the kratom, these gas stations and kava bars are selling to minors. Kratom definitely needs regulation, but a ban is a step too far imo. I'm obviously biased, however.

This is so dumb. How many people commit suicide under the influence of alcohol a year?? It's still perfectly legal.

Also just curious shouldn't it be dove in to traffic??