• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Big bong rip of 60X Salvia vs snorting 180mg of pure Ketamine (from the vial)

Gintoh

Greenlighter
Which will disconnect you from reality more?

The 180mg of pure Ketamine is assuming the person has no tolerance/has never tried it before. Also let's assume said person is small (140 pounds).

If you k-hole you will be disconnected from reality completely for both, but the manner in which they do it is completely different.
If you want a more enjoyable experience I would do ketamine, salvia can be a very uncomfortable experience.

High dose ketamine is magical and weird and sort of dreamlike.

High dose salvia is like being suddenly and viciously cracked on the back of the skull by Barry Bonds with a piece of lead pipe.

You'll be disconnected from reality on either, but let's just say, ketamine is used as a surgical anesthetic some places, and no kappa-opioid agonists are (e.g. nothing like salvia). Maybe for a reason.

Well, for an accurate comparison you would have to smoke the salvia properly, which rules out a bong. You would have to smoke it from a short hash pipe so the vapor gets straight into your lungs before it condenses, as it would in a bong. To summarize; bongs are for Cannabis, short pipes are for salvia. There is no such thing as a salvia bong.

Is salvinorin a really that soluble in water than using it from a bong would cause much to dissolve before it hits your lungs?
I did a google search and about 25mg/L which is pretty high for how potent it is.
If it's active in the couple hundred ug range I would imagine that bong water would definitely dissolve much of it.

I can personally vouch for a bong being the best way to smoke salvia... Even if you lose some salvinorin in the water and by condensation in the pipe, it hits you HARD. You can't get decent enough sized hits of off a short pipe that you need to get a full breakthrough on salvia, unless you've got some seriously hardcore lungs. You need to get as much smoke in your lungs in as little time as possible. I had a full-on breakthrough of a bowls worth of 10x extract smoked in one lungful. Similar sized hits in a pipe never got me further than seeing bits of my room flying around in my room and thinking I was on a boat.

With the bong, before I had even finished exhaling my rip I was already gone. As I exhaled I could feel some sort of darkness eating me from behind. As soon as that had happened I had no recollection of ever being human, I had no idea what I was "before" except that a bit of my consciousness knew I there was "something else", and that I hadn't always been a woman's purse. But these odd, cartoon-like string creatures kept telling me to relax and that I was one of them now. They kept moving in strange patterns from left to right with their one big eye and one small eye, until one of them turned into my notebook. This made me think "Hmm, that looks familiar, but how? Oh yeah! My notebook! Right, I've smoked salvia" and then from the notebook the rest of my room gradually reappeared. For a few minutes I still wasn't sure I was actually safe and was worried I might go back to being a bit of a purse.

Never K-holed, but I have M-Holed (MXE) and that was definitely a MUCH more pleasant experience than being completely gone on salvia...

Second St3ve. Though I could imagine that you wouldn't need much of 60x extract and smoking bong would be a waste. Salvia experiences always do a great story afterwards, but when they happen they are very exhausting and dangerous. At least when you get back and recognize that you were doing Salvia. Forgetting that you are on seems to be part of the experience. Very unsafe drug in terms of harm reduction.
A naive 140lb person might fall asleep doing this much ketamine and holing pretty hard after waking up without knowing that the person took ketamin before. Been there at lower doses the first time mixing it with speed. Very intense. I thought I was dead. Warping in a different dimension while seeing yourself lying on the ground can do something to you :D

I'd prefer Ketamin over Salvia, because I never had a joyful experience with Salvia and I take drugs primarily for the lulz. But I wouldn't take that much. Doesn't sound safe. Also from a legit vial -> i.m. is the way to go.

Last edited:
I guess if you're smoking a strong concentrate a bong would work. Probably not with the plain herb though. I admit to not having tried a bong for salvia, but salvinorin has a very high boiling point so I figured it would condense pretty fast. Maybe it just condenses into droplets like a fog and you can still inhale it. I always just used a short hash pipe myself. Haven't used any for a long time because I didn't like it. Way too extreme.