• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Bi polar and MDMA

jonnybag

Greenlighter
i was wondering if anyone could assist me. I was hoping to take some MDMA over the festive period. This will be the first time since I was diagnosed with Bi Polar. I am aware that certain meds may block the effects of MDMA.

I am currently taking;

Lithium
Quetiapine
Diazapem
Lamotrigine

I'm not willing to stop taking these meds so if it ain't gonna be effective there is no point.

Can anyone talk me through how each of these drugs may impact on the effects of MDMA.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Festive wishes to all.

Jonny

Johnny if you love ur body avoid mdma go the recovery threat and see there take my advice .. just continue using your medicine btw jhonny make sure your medicine does not bring you a unwanted sides effects look on the web what each of the medicine you have does to your body and stay safe take care

I can't confirm right now, but something in my head is ringing alarm bells for lithium+MDMA. I'd strongly advise against even trying until someone says it's safe, let alone worth it.

Seroquel will significantly diminish the MDMA experience because of it's 5-HT2A antagonism, and lithium and MDMA could be very toxic to the kidneys and possibly put you in renal failure. MDMA had such profound effects on body homeostasis (especially fluid homeostasis) that it could lead to buildup of lithium that could be fatal.

It's also worth noting that MDMA works oppositely of many of these medications so it would not be advisable from a mental health perspective, physical health aside.

I think mushrooms would be a much better idea if you are looking for a strong experience as far as physical health goes. MDMA is honestly neurotoxic and hard on the organs and should be avoided, even with people who are of average mental health. Mushrooms can be mentally taxing and can trigger mania and such so they aren't the best but at least they're not really toxic. I would dose very lightly at first. You could also find some DXM, make sure DXM is the sole ingredient though. Happy holidays :)

Last edited: