• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Beware of Etizolam

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
I've been told 1mg Etizolam is the equivalent of 10mg diazepam. So, as I have taken 20mg Valium recreationally before, I took 2.1mg Etizolam. This morning I just woke up to a nightmare as vivid as real life, and I found out that I used almost all of my heroin stash. Just posting this to say be careful guys. I have no idea where I've been or what I've done. (Benzo naïve by the way, only taken Xanax once and valium once.

Oh, and by nightmare I don't mean terrifying deamons and shit. I "woke up" to find everything was normal, then closed my eyes, and "woke up" again to find that I pissed/shit the bed and thought I somehow used so much it made me incontinent, and then I actually woke up and had to check just to make sure none of that really happened. It's actually kind of funny, but holy shit was i freaked out at the time haha.

Also, apparently I thought it was a good idea to make weed brownies while on them? In someone else's house? So yeah...at least I have some edibles now I guess...

Damn man, I am sorry to hear about what happened to you. 2.1 mgs of Etizolam by itself shouldn't have made you black out like that, at least I would not think so. Did you use powder/crystal, a solution, or pellets?

Wow I've never heard of this before. Maybe stay away from the Etiz from now on dude.

Yeah that sucks, sorry man. A good reminder to not take things like this lightly. I agree though, 2.1 mg doesn't seem like a knockout, amnesia dose. Usually etizolam is pretty forgiving compared to benzos like Xanax, but that doesn't make it immune from the potential for blackouts. 2.1 mg should be fairly strong to someone without tolerance I guess, and perhaps you are sensitive to benzo/thienodiazepines. How strong did you feel 20 mg Valium was when you took it?

Also, I am guessing that the addition of heroin potentiated it and added a lot to the amnesia. Or were you already blacked out before you started using that?

Yeah that sucks, sorry man. A good reminder to not take things like this lightly. I agree though, 2.1 mg doesn't seem like a knockout, amnesia dose. Usually etizolam is pretty forgiving compared to benzos like Xanax, but that doesn't make it immune from the potential for blackouts. 2.1 mg should be fairly strong to someone without tolerance I guess, and perhaps you are sensitive to benzo/thienodiazepines. How strong did you feel 20 mg Valium was when you took it?

Also, I am guessing that the addition of heroin potentiated it and added a lot to the amnesia. Or were you already blacked out before you started using that?
I reacted well to 20mg Valium. Everything went nice and slow, nice and warm, I eventually went to sleep and that was that. Same thing with 1mg Xanax, no memory issues there.

I honestly don't know if I used all that heroin, nodded out, and then woke up and took the benzos, or if I took the benzos and then used the heroin. I don't even know if I made the edibles before or after all that, I seriously have no clue.

Holy shit, I just counted the pills and it turns out there is 6.5mg missing, so I honestly don't even know how much I used anymore. I took 1.5mg when I got them, then 1.75mg at night, and...1mg before sleeping maybe? Which equals 4.25mg, meaning my I don't remember taking...2.25mg more? And I don't really remember using the heroin, that's all really fuzzy to me. I don't know what the fuck happened last night, my plan was to take only 2.1mg max...

Update, apparently I sent out a picture of me smoking heroin to some of my friends, jesus wtf...benzos seriously fuck you up don't they?

You unaccurately dosed your etizolam. No way 2mg of etizolam would make you blackout. I have extensive experience with etizolam and even someone who has never taken it before who weighs at least 130lbs wouldn't blackout from 2mg of etizolam. That's like saying a 1.5mg of xanax is going to make you blackout if your completely sober when you take it. OP clearly is not projecting the full story, or maybe he didnt have etizolam in the first place and took something that he thought was etizolam, or maybe he had other substances in his system.

You unaccurately dosed your etizolam. No way 2mg of etizolam would make you blackout. I have extensive experience with etizolam and even someone who has never taken it before who weighs at least 130lbs wouldn't blackout from 2mg of etizolam. That's like saying a 1.5mg of xanax is going to make you blackout if your completely sober when you take it. OP clearly is not projecting the full story, or maybe he didnt have etizolam in the first place and took something that he thought was etizolam, or maybe he had other substances in his system.
Read the post above yours.

Sounds like a typical blackout, 6.5mg of Etiz is a sufficient dose alone, but mixed with the Cannabis and Heroin it is not at all surprising.
Though you are lucky you didn't OD once you added Smack into the mix.

My advice is simply lock up other CNS depressants, or move them out of your house, if you're planning on benzing yourself.

<3

Sounds like a typical blackout, 6.5mg of Etiz is a sufficient dose alone, but mixed with the Cannabis and Heroin it is not at all surprising.
Though you are lucky you didn't OD once you added Smack into the mix.

My advice is simply lock up other CNS depressants, or move them out of your house, if you're planning on benzing yourself.

<3
I actually didn't eat the edibles, I just made them for some reason...

Here's what I think happened. I picked up the pills, took 1.5mg and fell asleep for 3-4 hours, woke up, smoked some heroin, made the edibles, smoked so much heroin I nodded/passed out for another 3 hours, took some more pills after that, and then took some pills before going to sleep. And sometime between after waking up from the heroin and sleeping I took enough Etizolam to add up to the 6.5mg.

Dammit my memory is finally coming back to me, and I just remembered after smoking all my heroin I started eating percs like candy....what the fuck is wrong with me geeze. 6.5mg etiz, probably 200mg heroin, and who knows how many percs holy shit. The worst part is I don't know which was cause and which was effect because I don't know which came first.

the title of this posting should be renamed "Beware of unresearched, unintelligent choices"

be happy youre alive. only time ive ever seen someone straight OD was cause they were mixing BZDs w H

omg your sentence structure and thought process is rough bro, but to answer your question you took some etiz. since your body isnt used it you redosed. now youre blackout and thinking well might as well finish this tiz and do a bunch of junk.

im really not trying to come down on you man but come on. look before you leap

jesus wtf...benzos seriously fuck you up don't they?

Yes. They do, and they can make you do some really stupid shit if you black out, particularly if you have other drugs on hand. Stories like yours are not at all uncommon. I am glad that you lived to tell the tale.

Long ago when I didn't know better a friend and I stupidly took 5 mg alprazolam (Xanax) each, then split a 40 oz malt liquor. Neither of us remember anything but we apparently did all the ketamine I had and then came to smoking meth (which I didn't normally do) in a sketchy part of town, which I had driven to. All bad. First and last time I ever mixed benzos and alcohol. Or took a dose of Xanax that high.

yep the old backfiring time-travel pills....heard that story before.

Listen, benzos are not to be taken lightly. I would only keep them on hand if you legit need them. If you have extremely bad anxiety, and even then, give them to a friend to dose you. The secret to benzos is that you do not think you are that messed up, and are acting completely sober, when in reality you are out of your mind and any memory your brain is creating is being completely erased as soon as its made. This thinking that you are completely sober will cause you to eat more benzos which lowers your inhibitions the same way alcohol does.....if you have ever been blackout drunk and wokeup and you thought someone stole your drugs, but in reality you were alone and you just used them all, then you know all too well how this works out.

I suggest either dropping the benzos from your repetoire if you are going to be doing such heavy hitters as H and Percs...and too a much lesser extent edibles. These drugs actually fuck you up with a noticeable high. The only thing you will get out of benzos is relief from anxiety, and then only if you respect it like a virgin respects women, too much.

What's really crazy is that alcohol itself has NEVER ONCE made me blackout (probably mostly because I get very physically sick before I reach this point). I've always been the one having to recount the events of the night to the other drunkies. Blacking out really scares me; I still don't get how people that experience it so frequently from alcohol can just laugh about it and go right back to the bottle. I've even known at least one person who would intentionally aim to get blacked out.

I have great respect for benzos because that experience I wrote above (alprazolam + alcohol) is one of the just two times I've really blacked out (the other time being from taking over 1000 mg of DXM).

Man, that reminds me of what happened to me on Xanax the other week.

I decided to take 2 mg, and chill out. Then, two hours later, i decided to take another 2 mg. I remember stumbling through the kitchen, pissing beside the toilet, and that's it.

So the next day i woke up, jesus christ, i gotta slow down, got up, wanted to pack a bowl of weed, just to find that i must have smoked all of my 1/4 ounce of weed last night. I absolutely don't remember a thing, my vaporizer was left on, thankfully it's a quality piece of equipment with safety features, and there was ground and vaporized cannabis all over the couch. I did NOT take more than 4 mg thankfully.

Benzodiazepines are no joke.