• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

BEWARE of doing Ultra low dose Naltrexone while dependent on opioids.

OCjunky88

Bluelighter
I will try to make this as short as possible. I was looking for a way to lower my tolerance and had stumbled upon people using ULDN to lower their tolerance while still taking their opioid of choice. I read lots, ranging anywhere from 1 microgram to 20 to even 100 micrograms. I made a solution with half of a 50 mg Naltrexone pill, so 25 mg (2500 ug) , dissolved into 1500 ml (1.5 L) of water to give me a solution containing 1.6 ug per mL of solution.

I started while still taking my opioid and started with 3 micrograms roughly (2 mL). I instantly felt a sickness consume me, but I had my opioid so I did not have full withdrawals but I did feel physically ill, like I had the flu, from the very first dose. I continued doing this once a day for 3 days...then my opioid ran out. On day 4 I took another 3 micrograms, this time, without my opioid of choice as I heard it can reduce withdrawal symptoms. That day is when I took an elevator down to hell. Within the hour I felt an agonizing anxiety, irritability, restlessness (had no benzos and cannot drink as my liver is shot). My armpits and lymph nodes swelled up and I had what looked like an infection with red skin running down my armpit, bicep. I could feel my chest was heavy and filling with fluid, and chest was extremely tight. I had a fever of 104. I had to get in the shower every 45 min just to keep me sane and from going to the hospital. I managed to do this for the 14 hours I was in precrip WD. Legit thought I was going to die. I was taking massive doses of vit c during this and my lymph nodes started to lose swelling and got better after 4 days.

When I came out of this, I felt I had a spiritual, albeit extremely traumatic experience. I cannot tell you how many cold turkey wd I have been through, and it was nothing like that. It seriously fucked me up mentally, but I appreciate this. Just like any trauma, as hard and painful as it is, there is a seed that is planted and you grow stronger, even though at first you may think it made you weaker.

I want to warn anyone who is considering using ULDN to be EXTREMELY CAREFUL. You are playing with fire so please start extremely slow if you are thinking about doing it. I could not believe my reaction to SUCH A MINUTE DOSE. I guess my shit was so saturated any antagonist will do this? I have no idea. I made sure my solution was very well mixed but it is possible the fillers made it so there was unequal distribution..

Last edited:
Interesting experience as I too have been curious to try it, as well for possible anti cancer properties. I wonder if you could try even less? Maybe .1ug? I know it seems stupid low but maybe this dose is still too much..

I also wonder if naltrexone bioavailability varies between individuals.

-GC

I am sorry to hear that. Precipitated withdrawal can most certainly be traumatizing and take some time to digest and get through the hellish experience.

@OCjunky88 that's crazy man.

I've read a lot about the hype surrounding this Ultra-Low-Dose Naltrexone (ULDN), I have seen a lot of people experience precipitated withdrawal in my life. It's pretty shitty by the looks of it. I've never had PW myself so I don't know.

I was in a rehab facility like 6 years ago. There was a kid who came in who was taking 150mg Methadone per day. They were dosing him and everything. That wasn't the problem. This kid was bored I guess. This rehab was pretty low class, It wasn't uncommon to see a pill on the floor for whatever reason. Well, this kid (you knew he was an idiot just watching him for a minute or two) found a random pill and said "what the hell?", He ended up crushing and sniffing this mystery pill.

This turned out to be either 50mg - 100mg Naltrexone tablet. It was fucking carnage for that young man. He was sweating so bad it was literally like he was out walking in a hurricane with the water just dripping constantly. He ripped his clothes off and was running up and down the halls completely naked, screaming incoherently, They ended up having to wrestle the dude into a stretcher and he was rocking that stretcher like he was the girl from the exorcist. I watched him get carted off. We were all looking at each other afterward like, man I didn't know it could get that bad.

So, for this reason, I'm way too afraid to try to incorporate an antagonist into my body. I hear great things though. I think there is a lot of promise for the potential of this practice. I think the hardest part would be deducing exactly how much to take. I would just make an extremely weak solution and take an eye dropper. Take this very diluted, weak solution and try administering the stuff one drop at a time sublingually with significant breaks in between.

Yo dude thanks for the reply, what a story. I cannot even imagine a full dose. I literally could not sit still, I was jerking my legs uncontrollably, like spasms, and getting up and down constantly, as if I was having a manic episode. I remember way back my buddy had to go to the hospital for PW, he was rolling around screaming, just insane agony, could not sit still. Extreme agitation, they had to restrain him which made his condition even worse, and within the hour at the hospital, and after trying multiple high dose benzos which had literally no effect, they put him in a coma for 2 days, and ended up having to use Propofol to sedate him.

I was super bummed with ULDN cause I have heard good things., and I am not ready to throw in the towel yet. But the thing is, when you are doing ULDN you are talking micrograms in a solution, and with fillers such as talc or lactose in the pill, it is very hard to get exact concentrations. You will not get even solubility/conc. with kitchen chemistry, and why compounding at a pharmacy is important. With such minute concentration, it is too easy to be off by 10-50+ micrograms, and there is no way to get your solution perfect. It was by far the stupidest fucking thing I have done. I might try also naltrexone when I am clean, a LDN dose, cause it will also lower tolerance that way and is much safer to do.

That study everyone talks about on here, the Oxytrex study, where they combined 1 ug with 5 mg oxycodone or something like that. If you look deeper you will see in that study they had a huge drop out rate, with the majority not wanting to continue. They did not continue with the study or drug after. I feel like that says something. But yeah, stick to naltrexone if you are clean for 7 days or more, it is just way too risky being dependent and putting any antagonist in your body, playing with fire man!

I was reading up on PW and the harm it can do to you. I guess people die all the time in rapid detox,. I have been reading cases. Rapid detox is when they sedate you with anesthesia and then initiate the high dose naltrexone when you are sleeping. This is supposed to all take 8 hours to WD and be clean. Yet, I have read a lot about people waking up at the 8 hour in PW, just in complete agony. Many have massive heart attacks almost immediately after regaining consciousness; with some developing pulmonary edema, high fevers, sudden death, etc. It is super hard on the body, extremely stressful for it to go through PW. I had no idea. Much more stressful than cold turkey..

Last edited:
I think that makes 25000 (not 2500) mcg total and 16 (not 1.6) mcg per mL.

Being off by a factor of 10 might explain something.

I think that makes 25000 (not 2500) mcg total and 16 (not 1.6) mcg per mL.

Being off by a factor of 10 might explain something.
Yes you are correct, 25000/1500 equals 16 micrograms per mL. So I was taking 16 mcg and not 3.......well that explains a lot.

My brain is fried bro, I cannot believe I missed that, so moronic. I barely can do long division anymore or basic arithmetic, that is why I got you guys

Last edited:
Yes you are correct, 25000/1500 equals 16 micrograms per mL. So I was taking 16 mcg and not 3.......well that explains a lot.

My brain is fried bro, I cannot believe I missed that, so moronic. I barely can do long division anymore or basic arithmetic, that is why I got you guys

So maybe better luck next time! Or were you turned off completely?

Was tolerance reduction your goal?

So maybe better luck next time! Or were you turned off completely?

Was tolerance reduction your goal?
No I really want to do this and make it work. Yes I am aiming to reduce my tolerance, right now I need 100 mg oxycodone for pain control. I have no idea where to start now, should I do 1 mcg?

Man...naltrexone is powerful as fuck, it just latches onto receptors like strong magnets, even in minute doses. The shit could prob be sold in mcg like fent. Who needs 50 mg?.......the stuff is so lipophilic, just amazingly strong and will break your blood brain barrier door like a crip on PCP, even in mcg doses. Scary shit but good shit, gotta respect it,

Last edited:
Do you use ULDN?
No I really want to do this and make it work. Yes I am aiming to reduce my tolerance, right now I need 100 mg oxycodone for pain control. I have no idea where to start now, should I do 1 mcg?

Man...naltrexone is powerful as fuck, it just latches onto receptors like strong magnets, even in minute doses. The shit could prob be sold in mcg like fent. Who needs 50 mg?.......the stuff is so lipophilic, just amazingly strong and will break your blood brain barrier door like a crip on PCP, even in mcg doses. Scary shit but good shit, gotta respect it,

I've never tried it personally and i think others can give you better guidance.

I know math and harm reduction but opioids isn't my area.

That study everyone talks about on here, the Oxytrex study, where they combined 1 ug with 5 mg oxycodone or something like that. If you look deeper you will see in that study they had a huge drop out rate, with the majority not wanting to continue. They did not continue with the study

Interesting, I'm aware of the medication but never read the study/clinical trial data. I guess I figured it must have been well-tolerated if it made through to approval.

Once I was hit with an injection of naloxone while maintained on 380mg/day of methadone, while fully awake and restrained (a paramedic did it, I was cussing him out). Talk about horror. Within a minute I began involuntarily shitting myself. If I could have remembered the guy I would have found him and cut his thumbs off to prevent him from ever using a syringe on someone again, because what he did was totally unnecessary and had no medical purpose since I was wide awake.

Interesting, I'm aware of the medication but never read the study/clinical trial data. I guess I figured it must have been well-tolerated if it made through to approval.

Once I was hit with an injection of naloxone while maintained on 380mg/day of methadone, while fully awake and restrained (a paramedic did it, I was cussing him out). Talk about horror. Within a minute I began involuntarily shitting myself.
That sound like a absolute nightmare

Once I was hit with an injection of naloxone while maintained on 380mg/day of methadone, while fully awake and restrained (a paramedic did it, I was cussing him out). Talk about horror. Within a minute I began involuntarily shitting myself. If I could have remembered the guy I would have found him and cut his thumbs off to prevent him from ever using a syringe on someone again, because what he did was totally unnecessary and had no medical purpose since I was wide awake.
That is nasty bud, straight horrendous. I shivered when I read it. Those battles make you tough as hell though, can handle anything thrown your way. I am glad you were able to come out of that, I can't even imagine the pain. I was straight losing it bro it was tough. I live in a rural area, it is just me and God out here, and cannot really go anywhere for medical unless it is dire, as it is a bitch drive.

I know on paper and the math says you should have x/mL but honestly I wonder if making your own solution is an accurate concentration. I feel just throwing a pill with fillers would not lead to a correct dispersion rate in solvent, but I have no idea. I know most binder/filler will sink to the bottom, but I also know not all will. I would like to test and see how accurate the solubility and concentration of my solution is, and find how much solute has been dissolved/molarity of solution.

Negro you ever mess with ULDN? If you have, what did you think?

Just read this but gonna respond anyway:
I appreciate this. Just like any trauma, as hard and painful as it is, there is a seed that is planted and you grow stronger, even though at first you may think it made you weaker.
I freakin love this state of mind. It is fatalistic and optimistic in one. Be careful and go far.
Thanks for the personal experience and information.
The only naloxone is what i carry in my backpack. probably need to check expiration....
I read that shit can be really nasty if one is dependent for some time. I mean stories from emts and nurses. Not to mention what one reads on the internet. :rolleyes:
Be safe, bro.
My best,
J

Just read this but gonna respond anyway:

I freakin love this state of mind. It is fatalistic and optimistic in one. Be careful and go far.
Thanks for the personal experience and information.
The only naloxone is what i carry in my backpack. probably need to check expiration....
I read that shit can be really nasty if one is dependent for some time. I mean stories from emts and nurses. Not to mention what one reads on the internet. :rolleyes:
Be safe, bro.
My best,
J
That was a very kind thing for you to say Lil'Linap, I sincerely appreciate it my dude. Hope you stay blessed bro

I heard naloxone is brutal because of its speed/intensity... but its saving grace is that it has an extremely short half-life. I believe naltrexone takes 2 days to fully leave your system, and naloxone starts bailing after just 1 hr

Last edited:
I was given naloxone unnecessarily and am opiate dependant . I took more later in day and felt fine but over the next two weeks had a very similar experience. Skin flushed till burning . Chest and face on fire .opiates actually made it worse after this . I got stuck between wds and allergic reactions to any opiate. It was horrific and lasted best part of two weeks .I would take even just oramorph and chest tightened started wheezing. And yes it was just naloxone not vitriol etc.
I discussed it with medical ppl and was assured no effects after a few hours but the hell was very real..

Interested to hear similar ...

Gl guys