• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Bettering my life Goals

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
1. Quit oxy and kratom. ( don’t be so hard on yourself, one day at a time)
2. T break on marijuana
3. Start eating better
5. Work on Controlling Emotions (lifetime goal) especially with others, and managing anger in a positive productive manner.
6. mushroom trip (optional) it’s something I think would be of good service but, I need more time to practice mediation, prayers and mantras..

Good for you!

If you'll permit me to comment though (which presumably you will since you've posted this publicly 😏) I would suggest making them more specific. Ie, quit by X date, take a T break of X days, eat no processed sugar 2 days a week... etc, etc. Then build on that. Right now your goals are kind of vague, but you will be far more likely to achieve them if you make them more specific.

I was gonna say personally I'd make the mushroom trip more of a reward, than a goal, but while writing this I've realised one of my objectives during my current planned 6-12 month tolerance break is to be able to enjoy tripping without dissociatives or benzos being involved again, which I haven't been able to do for a good few years, so... good luck to you.

Good for you!

If you'll permit me to comment though (which presumably you will since you've posted this publicly 😏) I would suggest making them more specific. Ie, quit by X date, take a T break of X days, eat no processed sugar 2 days a week... etc, etc. Then build on that. Right now your goals are kind of vague, but you will be far more likely to achieve them if you make them more specific.

I was gonna say personally I'd make the mushroom trip more of a reward, than a goal, but while writing this I've realised one of my objectives during my current planned 6-12 month tolerance break is to be able to enjoy tripping without dissociatives or benzos being involved again, which I haven't been able to do for a good few years, so... good luck to you.
Well I’m the same, I’ve been using opiates. Mostly to numb. I have to use benzos to even be able to eat a strong edible. So the possibility of doing mushrooms is slim right now, I’d like a trip to gain insight otherwise I’m just going to relapse. I’m gaining those insights without the trip, and I’d like to maintain that. I’ve tripped in the past just took way to much which has led to a sorta fear of them but at the same time not really a fear cause I know sorta what to expect body load wise, I just wanna make sure I’m making sure I clean my closet out for a lack of a better words before I explore the attic.

i completely agree that making the goals specific will help. its that whole SMART goal thing.

what is your plan for meeting these goals?

i completely agree that making the goals specific will help. its that whole SMART goal thing.

what is your plan for meeting these goals?
Well oxycodone and kratom is easy that’s what I’m focusing on today. I set today as the no more oxy day. And kratom will go soon as well. As far as the others I need to form a plan to follow up with those I’m just mostly concerned with quitting oxy right now