• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Better Canna-Coconut Oil Infusion Using Alcohol?

CannaDad

Greenlighter
Newbie here, 58years young. I thought I'd share a recent success I had when making a thc tincture. After reading and watching many recipes for washing flower to make RSO, I thought to combine 2 ideas to get to a better and quicker yield to my canna-oil, would love your thoughts on this.

I decarbed 7 grams of flower and washed it for several minutes in a mason jar with ISO. Poured and strained this into a pirex measuring cup which I set into my crock pot on low heat to evaporate the ISO. After most of ISO had evaporated, I included a cup of coconut oil and mixed well then let sit in crock pot to finish cooking off any residual ISO. I believe the potency and yield may be higher than when I just cook the flower with coco oil because the ISO wash would extract more resin and thus THC/CBD etc.

Anyone have thoughts on using an alcohol wash first when creating canna-oil?

That's a killer recipe, CannaDad!

My initial thought is that you are, at the least, going to have better tasting edibles than average because you are not extracting as much plant material into the coco oil since the ISO left some of it out. With that said, you could have even better tasting edibles if you wash in ISO for about 10 seconds instead of several minutes, however you will get a much smaller yield.

Your current recipe sounds like a decent compromise between maxing out your yield and keeping your edibles from tasting like sh*t. A lot of product with strong potency but not necessarily a strong taste would be my guess on how your edibles perform.