best whey protein alternative

hydroazuanacaine

bluelighter
whey protein is giving me back acne. what is the best alternative protein? this is something i bring a scoop of to the gym and drink immediately after lifting.

thanks

thanks. got some from now foods and used it for the first time today. wasn’t significantly more expensive than whey. i see that whole egg protein is very expensive, but i still figure you mean egg white. whole has an absurd amount of cholesterol.

whey protein is giving me back acne. what is the best alternative protein? this is something i bring a scoop of to the gym and drink immediately after lifting.

thanks
yeah i agree with CFC casein works well, but i also gave up the powder for food

thanks
I use a pea/quinoa one that's 30g per serving, and contains a complete protein even though it's vegan. It's very easily mixable, digestible and tastes like the best chocolate milkshake ever!

thanks. got some from now foods and used it for the first time today. wasn’t significantly more expensive than whey. i see that whole egg protein is very expensive, but i still figure you mean egg white. whole has an absurd amount of cholesterol.

Cholesterol is the precursor to essential hormones, its necessary for healthy bodily functions, don't believe what you read about LDL, or saturated animal fats..

^yeah but i don’t wanna get unusual amounts of it from a powdered food isolate.

egg white protein is not water soluble. a friend gave me a bag of rice protein. is like drinking saw dust, which i’m into.

i’m curious about the replies saying they go without powder. i do eat after the gym, but sometimes not until an hour and a half after completing my workout. i’ve read articles both supporting and denouncing the 30min thing.

Last edited:
For years I weightlifted without protein powder right after the gym. Usually my skeletal muscle is so pumped that my GI says, "No food please", for about an hour after the gym. The parasympathetic nervous system, which governs digestion, doesn't usually activate until you're at rest. It's the same reason why I only eat a snack before the gym and not a big meal. I listen to my body and eat when I'm hungry, which is usually not long after I've been at rest. The meal will be high protein, usually. Only in the past year have I started using protein powders because my protein-specific cravings have become so intense and I don't want to have to cook or ingest other macros when I just need a protein kick. Also sometimes I'm lazy and just don't feel like doing the proper meal prep every single time.

I can only handle whey protein isolate because the non-isolate has lactose and I'm lactose intolerant. Back when I was casein intolerant, I used a vegan protein powder that had pea and help protein combined. That was pretty good. Still didn't totally digest it though. My body loves animal protein so much. I've experimented with being vegetarian (8 years) and vegan (2 years) and my body just doesn't absorb veggie protein like it does dense animal protein. That's why I still use whey isolate. I was over the moon when my gut healed enough that I could start using whey again. Its effects on my health were profound, especially how it drives glutathione production.

The downside of using whey is that it drives IGF-1 and can be androgenic, which drives skin oil gland production. If you're already on TRT or other anabolics, whey might be stilting your hormone ratios enough to cause skin problems. You might need to use products on your back that target oily skin.

egg white protein is not water soluble. a friend gave me a bag of rice protein. is like drinking saw dust, which i’m into.

i’m curious about the replies saying they go without powder. i do eat after the gym, but sometimes not until an hour and a half after completing my workout. i’ve read articles both supporting and denouncing the 30min thing.
Cholesterol problems come from metabolic syndrome.
Your body can also produce enough cholesterol to give you high cholesterol even if you follow a 0 cholesterol diet, if you have metabolic syndrome that is.
Don't stress about if you're healthy and exercise regularly.

Anyways, you could try egg white crystals, they're supposed to be water soluble.

Casein! Similar but different

Are you sure it's the whey? Have you tried changing brands?

Don't try pea protein. It's awful.

Your body can also produce enough cholesterol to give you high cholesterol even if you follow a 0 cholesterol diet, if you have metabolic syndrome that is.

Anyways, you could try egg white crystals, they're supposed to be water soluble.
You're the first person I've seen outside of my academic program to mention Metabolic Syndrome. I love it.

To elaborate further: The cholesterol molecule from diet isn't quite the same structure found to occlude coronary vasculature (I believe its called cholesterol ester, I could be wrong)..?
There is recent research vegetable seed oils contain a component whose molecular structure closely resembles cholesterol, and this could be implicated in coronary occlusion. (blockage)..
Triglycerides drive LDL number, not cholesterol content. Triglycerides originate from excess refined carbohydrates in diet, which in turn result in hyperinsulinemia or as you alluded to Metabolic syndrome...

Hey Hydro, how are you feeling? I haven't talked to you lately.