• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

best way to germinate my seeds

Nelluk

Bluelighter
whats the best way to germinate my pot seeds im gonna be growing outdoors thats the only option and i have about 15 - 20 seeds.

also what do you think is the best way to grow outdoors? ive looked at so many guides and they all say somthing compleatly different.

Nelluk-AS FAR AWAY FROM PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE. but as for outdoor growing, they do well when left to their own devices, make sure they stay watered, and you're pretty good. But seriously, you should try indoor growing, it's safer. And it's more potent, IMO.

it's always the outdoor growers who get caught...
I've heard this method works pretty well (I haven't tried it myself, I plan to grow but not for another few months, gotta plan shit like hiding it and get my light back from a friend)
2 plates, put moist paper towels on one(stacked up but not touching the edge of the plate) then the seeds, then more moist towels, then the other plate. Keep them in a warm spot for 1-5 days and they *should* germinate. But like I said I haven't tried it, I'd look it up to make sure that's exactly how you do it.

^^
that method requires constant attention.
the following method works nicely for me.
place a moist paper towel (folded so it's a few mil thick) in the bottom of a plastic sandwich box.
place seeds about 1" apart
place another folded moist towel on top
cover with clingfilm
place in warm (not hot) dark place for 48 - 72 hours.
check every day, and when you have about 5mm of root showing, they're ready to plant.
move them as little as possible when the seed splits, you'll only shock them and kill them if you move them too much.

Originally posted by Nelluk:
also what do you think is the best way to grow outdoors? ive looked at so many guides and they all say somthing compleatly different.
if you want quality plants, make sure they'll get plenty of sunlight. south facing if you're in the northern hemisphere.
preferably, to control the soil quality, dig a trench 2' deep, 2' across and 2' for each plant in length. fill the trench with a 2:1:1 mix of sand, good quality compost and sterilised soil (or peat moss). this will ensure good drainage and nutrition for the plants.
make sure you provide some sort of protection from animals and birds for the plants or they won't last a week. a row of hoops with chickenwire stretched over it would make a good initial protection, increasing the height as they grow. also, when they get up to about a foot high, they need support, lightly tie them to a bamboo frame or suchlike.

i've always just took a few paper towels, wet them, and folded them up after i had put the seed spread out in the middle.
If you keep the towels moist, there shouldn't be any problem. My seeds always germinated nicely..
Like nowonmai said, I would suggest planting them as soon as the root reaches half a centimeter in length.
If you're going to plant outside, I would suggest growing the plant inside first with a fan blowing on it and a full spectrum light bulb. The plant will become strong as a result of this, when you think its strong enough, just find a nice open place where there is not really much wildlife and where no people go and do not place the plants directly in the soil. Just dig a whole and place whatever they were in inside into the soil. Make sure there is holes at the bottom of whatever the plant is in, and that each plant is in its own pot or whatever its in.
Hope this helps...
peace and much love,
- trails