• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Paraphernalia Best vape/bong set up?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
So, I'm in the market for a new vaporizer, and preferably it wouldn't cost more than $200, but if it's a little more I can do that. If it's a lot more I'll have to wait a bit. But the main thing is that I want the vapor to be filtered through ice water so that it's literally the smoothest vaporizer ever. I want the vaporizer to have different temperature controls like many do (I had the Herbalaire before), preferably ranging from around the high 200s to 400 or the low 400s, and I want to be able to turn it on as hot as it can get in order to have the vape clouds be robust, but at the same time, I want that hit to come out cool because of how it's filtered through water. I'm assuming this will require some kind of set up with a bong. I'm also assuming it would be a plug-in vape, which is fine.

The main thing is that I drink too much water when I smoke or even vape on hot temperatures and it keeps me up at night if you know what I mean...so I want the vape to just be so damn smooth and cool that there's practically ZERO (or as close as possible) throat irritation, no coughing, even for people with sensitive throats and mild asthma like me, so that I don't really get much cotton mouth or feel the need to drink water to cool my throat. I can't imagine any way this would work without a bong or water set up, but anything else that would make that vapor super cool applies.

Anyone know of a good set up like this? I'm not sure if we are allowed to share links of paraphernalia, but if anyone could let me know of something like this that would be great.

I don't think it's possible to get zero throat irritation. I think it comes from the dryness rather than heat, and the gas is always going to be dry. I actually have three bongs hooked up in my garage to form one giant bong. I vape my dynavap out of that. Even when its below freezing my throat gets itchy after a few bowls. And when I've been vaping a lot it gets irritated even easier.

THAT SAID, you can do a lot to improve the irritation. I have heard the Mighty is pretty good at cooling. I've had good luck with a Healthy Rips Rogue + Dynavap BB9 stem as well. But water cooling is definitely the best.

I've actually been thinking that maybe very hot water would be better, so that you're inhaling steam with your hit. But I'm not risking my glass to try it out lol.

THAT SAID, you can do a lot to improve the irritation. I have heard the Mighty is pretty good at cooling. I've had good luck with a Healthy Rips Rogue + Dynavap BB9 stem as well. But water cooling is definitely the best.
Recently stayed with a family member and he had a Mighty. We had a 12" silicone tube hooked up to it and it vaped smooth af

I don't think it's possible to get zero throat irritation. I think it comes from the dryness rather than heat, and the gas is always going to be dry. I actually have three bongs hooked up in my garage to form one giant bong. I vape my dynavap out of that. Even when its below freezing my throat gets itchy after a few bowls. And when I've been vaping a lot it gets irritated even easier.

I've actually been thinking that maybe very hot water would be better, so that you're inhaling steam with your hit. But I'm not risking my glass to try it out lol.
Well I don't think ZERO throat irritation is possible, but I would think it SHOULD be possible to do a lot to make it very cool so you don't need to drink much water. I also have and use menthol solution, which can very much reduce throat irritation.

Well I don't think ZERO throat irritation is possible, but I would think it SHOULD be possible to do a lot to make it very cool so you don't need to drink much water. I also have and use menthol solution, which can very much reduce throat irritation.

I don't pretend to know the entire market but I'm pretty knowledgeable on the vaporizers I own.

It's out of your listed price range but I would really recommend **some sort of bubbler vaporizer combination pipe (**mod edit - please no direct links to specific paraphernalia/nugs/ect**)

There may be other brands out there that offer similar attachments. I honestly don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone - not sure how things were before I started overlooking this subforum, but our rules state that we can not link brands and products.

Hey everyone - not sure how things were before I started overlooking this subforum, but our rules state that we can not link brands and products.

My bad! I thought things that couldn't get you arrested were fair game.

BLUA said:
Specifically, you may not:

1. use Bluelight in any way, shape or form for unlawful purposes, including, without limitation:
    1. attempting to solicit, obtain sell or supply contraband substances or substances of a quasi-legal status or requesting information on how to do so;
Forgot forum rules though. Sorryyyy

Last edited:
So, I'm in the market...

Ready to « pull the trigger » for sure, m'yeah.. Need a « game-changer », etc.

But this 200 $ U.S. budget limit sounds unrealistic unless there's confusion between e-Cigs and vaporizers, not because that's the cost to expect for an actual vaporist solution but instead as a result of mercantile priorities, etc. Such quest for « smoothest ever » thermostatic + chilled filtration scenario reminds me of never-ending endoctrination going back to 2010 (...) and taming down "throat irritation"/"coughing" in the face of adversity ain't exactly new - which can be done without liquid water anyway. YMMV, perhaps you'd want to consider post-vaporization re-atomization as in the discontinued most-exensive Sublimator of Enrico Bouchard before you buy then re-examine some definitions...

ahh.. you can't link brands and products... i accidently told someone about a couple brands of cannabis from my state because the person was from the same state... didn't think it would be a problem cause i see people talk about alcohol brands...

i was thinking some one would be able to link this poster to some good stuff with out me recommending to go on you tube and just search the set up you are looking for... there's tons of people showing off all different brands and devices, some pretty good reviews, you can really see how stuff rips on camera imo. i was watching some one the other day rip a vaporizer through a water bong cause they were reviewing some brand of thca legal all through out the usa stuff and i've been kind of seeing how people are reviewing it... i actaully just watch people take dab hits and stuff out of boredom and curiousity of stuff that i don't really care to get into... but yeah, if it's not cool to link products, just go on you tube and check some of that out.

...there's tons of people showing off all different brands and devices, some pretty good reviews, you can really see how stuff rips on camera...

Those "monster" rips are a direct consequence of a requirement totally disconnected from the OP's objectives: it's got to be visible if not obvious. Blatantly obvious that is... Actually i've had my fair share of consumerist advertising and even spent significant cash on the matter only to realize how futile that was. Just a few days ago i got my HerbalAire our of its box for the fun of it - but it was no fun at all. The noisy bag and pump running for a couple minutes while being mesmerized by paraphernalia didn't feel too productive, then once filled i remembered the lungs-depressing scenario instantly: the atmosphere was "heavy" until i cleared that a couple days later. Not even worth the buzz. Which doesn't mean the manufacturer didn't provide a good implementation of THEIR "solution" in exchange for money i couldn't use to explore different scenarios. A couple thousand dollars and 13 years later my path is crystal clear, may you find your with equal certainty!

Last 3 posts deleted

Although admitting we don't understand someone's post is harmless, we tend to trail far off topic and get personal every time this happens.

Ignore each other if you need to.

Last 3 posts deleted

Although admitting we don't understand someone's post is harmless, we tend to trail far off topic and get personal every time this happens.

So just to put this out there. Egzoset did indeed say he was going ignore me. I thought cool and did the same back.

And then next thing I know I have posts being removed because they might touch on Egzoset's sensitivities-- Egzoset, a poster who has claimed to ignore and not be able to see any of my content because his content is so unintelligible as to not facilitate any sort of constructive conversation outside of people asking questions for clarification. He talks nonsense and nobody knows what he's saying without reading between the lines and taking a massive leap of faith. We take that leap and he gets offended that he was misunderstood.

Proceed how you feel. Clowns will continue to be met with a circus.

[EDIT: This was deleted and then reinstated. Funny things going on behind the scenes, yeah?]

Last edited:
Last 3 posts deleted

Last 4 now, huh?

No one should feel marginalized here.

If you don't agree or understand someone, instead of poking fun, perhaps leave them alone.

No one should feel marginalized here.

If you don't agree or understand someone, instead of poking fun, perhaps leave them alone.

That's a fair point and easy enough to do when I don't see my posts censored, edited and removed seemingly at a single users' behest.

I don't feel marginalized. if he does, maybe he should follow your advice and use that ignore button he's already claimed to use.

well now im f'in curious, drop the product name and ill google it from there lol

They were two links for vaporizer accessories. One was for the PAX3, the other was for The Mighty (made by Storz & Bickel)

One allowed you to attach your vaporizer directly to a water bong or bubbler-- the other one basically just added a little water filtration directly to the vape.

I forget which was which at this point. For what it's worth, though, I think the Mighty is superior to the PAX3 in nearly every way so I would focus on that one. I think the PAX3 attached to your glass and the Mighty just had a really cool water-filtration attachment but again, I can't call it.

This is how I like it:

Legacy PRO + small glass bubbler.
J6cXG1T5t_mid.jpg