• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Best type of pill for snorting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonde_Alice_rland

Greenlighter
SWIM has been snorting buproprion to her great joy. SWIM has a chance to change pill types. Which would be better for snorting: immediate release, sustained release, or extended release?

You probably don't want to snort anything while swimming �� but obviously instant release is the best.

We don't SWIM here. If you're talking about wellbutrin, that is not a recreational drug.

Many believe it is. From first hand experience, I'd say snorting it is most similar to snorting amphetamine paste.

We don't SWIM here. If you're talking about wellbutrin, that is not a recreational drug.

Apparently, it can be if you don't take it orally. Basically, Bupropion itself has some activity as a dopamine reuptake inhibitor, but if you take it orally, most of it will undergo first-pass metabolism and be converted to hydroxy-bupropion which still acts on the norepinephrine transporter but has only negligible affinity for the dopamine transporter, explaining why some people can get a short-lived rush out of snorting or shooting this stuff.

@OP: If you're planning to snort or even shoot something, it is generally a *very* bad idea to use anything but an immediate-release formulation. Though I would seriously advise you to refrain from taking recreational doses of Wellbutrin altogether, as anything over 600 mg/day can significantly increase your risk of getting a seizure.

It's most likely placebo. The drug has nothing recreational to offer, which can be determined from its mechanism of action.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe recently it was mentioned that dopamine reuptake inhibitors aren't actually recreational, as the mechnanism behind methylphenidate and other related drugs is actually slightly different.

As I said, I doubt you can compare taking Wellbutrin orally (where almost the whole dose is converted into non-dopaminergic metabolites before it reaches your brain) to snorting/shooting it, where you are getting a precious few minutes of actual dopamine-reuptake-inhibiting bupropion proper in your brain.

Yeah, chances are it's still a garbage drug compared to pretty much any other NDRI out there, but for people who can't get their hands on anything else, even the tiniest rush is probably worthwhile (although yeah, the placebo effect probably also plays a part).

Status
Not open for further replies.