• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Best SSRI to mix with prescription stimulants

adhdanon

Greenlighter
Been on Lexapro 10 mg and Adderall XR 30 mg majority of grad school and now that it came to an end, my toxic family forced me off ADHD meds saying i'm better now yet i'm awful and can't take advice from people who are average-minded. Lost my girlfriend over the on and off crap with my meds and she couldn't deal with it anymore, I honestly don't blame her, I don't assert myself like the man I should be off my meds, I'm just apathetic and careless. Lexapro has been excellent for anxiety at the cost of my libido which destroyed my relationship, but we broke up so it's what I'll stick too but I really have hard time being happy on Lexapro.

Is Trintillex any better that just came out? I heard stories of SNRIs with stims, but I think that could be dangerous and I know SNRIs are harder to come off. The biggest mistake I made was switching Lexapro with Benzos for the comedown, my older brother in med school is actually not that smart hence why my doc always gave me meds I wanted or needed cause I had more control and knowledge, but he fuc*ed me up and my relationship.

Now that I'm alone and can't leave my house because I'm on Vyvanse and Lexapro 10 mg and feel like a zombie although it's great to not have Adderall sides (dexedrine spansules were better than Vyvanse but ran through too fast and may go back to that next month 15 mg twice a day).

My doc says he dont mind my trying new meds but I have to stop filling early and switching doses or hes pulling scripts ADHD or not. I lack consistency and intake, need input before I go back in. Dexedrine Spansules 15 mg twice a day? May do the trick, I found the 10 mg very diff than Vyvanse and much better, just lacked control.

Only other option would be Adderall IR like I originally used to get into grad school, but it comes with that emotional roller coaster crash, although it's a great libido enhancer and motivational kicker. I'm in my later 20s can't look like meth-head anymore, so trying to find middle ground here. Thank you for reading and the input!

You're going to get a mixed bag suggestions here, everyone is different and has a combination that works best for them. I've never been on an antidepressant, or been prescribed ADHD medication, but I've had friends say Zoloft and adderall, work best for them.

Be very careful mixing these two types of medications! Firstly, ssri's will increase stimulants effects and side effects. Secondly, and more importantly, this combination carries the risk of developing serotonin syndrome! So be very careful, do your research, and try to limit your dosage and amount of time on these medications.

The best SSRI to take with stimulants is to take more stimulants lol.

I used to take Lexapro as well, I took it for a month alongside subutex and clonazepam, and it just made me more groggy, didn't like it at all. So then I began just taking the sub and klonopin again, and that worked fine but I also have had ADHD my whole life and when I just recently got this diagnosed I was put on Adderall IR. The Adderall with clonazepam (which I know isn't an SSRI its a benzo) is great together in my opinion. I get all the focus, energy, and motivation from the Adderall, with none of the negative side affects like the come down, insomnia, and my diet hasn't changed either I still eat normal. I went through a couple SSRIs though and they just don't work for my anxiety and made me feel all funky, plus I was never really depressed, only benzos have worked. Klonopin and valium, worked the best at keeping my anxiety away.

Y
Be very careful mixing these two types of medications! Firstly, ssri's will increase stimulants effects and side effects. Secondly, and more importantly, this combination carries the risk of developing serotonin syndrome! So be very careful, do your research, and try to limit your dosage and amount of time on these medications.

This

^ Ya. Recreational stimulant use is based on a simple concept: Take the stimulant to crave something that you don't now, in order to satisfy that induced craving. So stimulants are used when you have plenty of means to sadisfy a craving, it's just that the craving isn't there, so you induce it in order to satisfy it.

If you increase serotonin and your craving goes away you nullify the whole thing, like, it's pointless.

Talk to your doctor about this. You said how the low doses of Adderall and Lexapro helped, so why not go back on both of those at the low dosage?

Once again, if you do a little reading, SSRIS are not good for most people's mood, irregardless of withdrawal/rebound and other dangers. Serotonin is the worst neurotransmitter to artificially modify long term because it depends on natural versions and flowing of it than dopamine to work. You are already playing with your dopamine level, if stimulants do not make you feel happier then work on vitamin deficiencies, hidden stomach ailments, heavy metals, because you will regret modifying your serotonin or GABA receptor.