• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Best/most economical method for imbibing for medical use?

lavendermew

Greenlighter
So, I have terrible chronic pain issues, and I'm coming into some bud, and I want to know how I should prepare it to maximize the pain-relieving effect and make it last as long as possible, since it won't be a huge amount.

Unfortunately, my options are limited, and with my last stash I was spliffing because it was what I had on hand, and that worked well for the pain but burned through a LOT of weed REALLY quickly, and it made my room smell awful, like stale cigarette smoke. I've vaped as well, but currently don't have access to a vaporizer. I do have an electronic cigarette--what I'm getting is fresh bud, so I'd need to prepare it to some kind of eliquid-esque solution in order to use it with the ecig. That is an option, though, I just need to know how to do it.

I need to be a little discreet, because I have housemates home this week and can't really afford to leave a stench behind. I'm considering trying to make butter with which to make brownies, but I'm not sure that's viable for pain relief, and I've heard it can be hit or miss and I'm not really keen on wasting some of the limited amount I'm going to have to get through until Wednesday.

Any ideas very welcome. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I was going to suggest a vaporizer.. but I guess that's a bit of a non option.

I've not had the best luck with edibles myself so I can't really give much advice there. But I did make some weed milk the other day by double boiling 1.5g of vape duff into some 10% cream. It seemed to have nice medicinal properties but not much "high" (This may have just been because I vaped out most of the THC, leaving a high CBD ratio)
You may try this, you can use a .5 or 1g of decarbed herb into 1-2 cups of milk, the higher the fat content the better, but cream tastes pretty bad to drink straight. make sure to double boil as well since directly boiling milk is (Supposedly) nasty.

As for trying to keep the smell minimized here are some of my acquired tricks.

Vapor smells way less (better) than smoke and does not cling to surfaces so easily.. Invest in a vape if you want to save money on weed, save your health, cut back on smell.

Avoid joints, spliffs, blunts, anything rolled in paper. It wastes weed by burning continuously, the smoke from that has a tendency to cling to EVERYTHING. Stick to glass pipes/bongs, only load enough in the bowl for 1 whole rip.

Find a fan that fits snugly in your window facing outwards and use a pillow/other fabric to block the areas around the fan to make it somewhat air tight. Make sure a window in another area of the house is open, this will create a uni-directional air flow in your place and all smoke/smell will be transferred outside with ease. Even if your room smells, it shouldn't smell from the outside of your room as long as the airflow is getting directed through your door, they will only smell the air that is coming through the rooms along the path from the open window that the air is being sucked in from by the vacuum of the fan in your room.
It works. Trust me.

Thank you for all of your input--I do have a bowl for the time being, but yeah...vaporizer isn't really an option, unfortunately.

Question on the fan thing--would that work with a window AC unit on the fan only setting? I'm kind of housebound, so going out and getting a fan (or a vaporizer) isn't really feasible, but I do already have an AC unit in my window.

if i was in your position i would either do butter, or ask around and see if you can get a cheap second hand vape. i think you could prbly get one for $25-$50 on ebay

An AC unit on fan only would absolutely not work. All the fan setting( or AC setting for that matter) does is circulate the air in your room. You want the air blowing out.

You could try and find one of those low profile fans specially designed to fit in a window to go along side your AC unit.

buy a micro nectar collecter with the v3 vaped pen to have a sweet dabbing tool that is also a water filter mouth piece for your vape pen.

Get a variaty of half grams of waxs, shatters, and especially live resin runs. 3 grams should last a week even for those tollerant.

Then get a tincture or sublingual spray for longer acting oral use.

edit: Buy hempwick and clean the pipe. Trust me butane resin dirties the smoke. Clean smoke makes all the difference.

Thank you guys. I ended up rigging a table fan next to my open window, blowing outwards, and with some spritzing of vinegar on soft surfaces my room smells fine now, so that's good. I also cleaned out the pipe after a couple of days and got a reasonable amount of resin, which helped extend the life of my supply. :)

@tacodude, I'll admit my n00b is showing, but I have no idea what maybe 80% of those words mean. ^^; It's terrible. I have a vague idea what dabbing is, but I'm not sure what the difference is between a vape pen versus an ecig (or if there is a difference?), and I have no clue what waxs, shatters or live resin runs are. Tincture and sublingual spray are, fortunately, self-explanatory--but would you use a tincture of weed the same way you'd use any other herbal tincture?

Thanks again for bearing with me. I really appreciate it.