• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Best method for storing long term

MynameisQ

Greenlighter
For a person that doesn't smoke very often and that does not have a steady supply, what is the best method for storing long term?

I've seen humidors for sale that come with packets. In the past I've put orange peel in the container for 45 minutes. I am now reading that creates mold. I've heard of some people freezing it.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

It will stay good basically forever sealed in a mason jar in the freezer. I have buds 15 years old that are still good. The quality goes downhill greatly in the first year if you keep it at room temperature. It's good to keep just a little out for use while the rest is in the freezer.

If you keep it in the freezer, let it thaw out fully before you open the mason jar. Opening the jar when it's frozen will lead to water condensing on the buds.

It will stay good basically forever sealed in a mason jar in the freezer. I have buds 15 years old that are still good. The quality goes downhill greatly in the first year if you keep it at room temperature. It's good to keep just a little out for use while the rest is in the freezer.

If you keep it in the freezer, let it thaw out fully before you open the mason jar. Opening the jar when it's frozen will lead to water condensing on the buds.

How is the taste and texture of the buds after freezing?

Right now I have a brand new rubbermaid container. The buds are in a bag inside the container.

They came a little dry. I believe it's homegrown. The quality is excellent. I'm tempted to do the orange peel trick. I used to do that all the time. Added moisture and gave it a nice flavor. Now I'm reading that it creates mold.

I'm tempted to get more while it's around. I'm going to try freezing some and see how I like it. Thanks.

Vac sealed in a freezer good forever. No crunchy buds. They retain the same moisture levels and a humidi stone inside would be good too.