• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Best lightbulb for freebasing?

AmphetamineAficionado

Greenlighter
I’m currently having trouble getting a stem at the moment. 3 different lightbulbs I’ve purchased have shattered during heating, one time spilling molten meth all over my table. What brand of lightbulb is less likely to do this? Or am I just getting very unlucky or something?

Depends where you live. You need a proper halogen filament but most ‘traditional’ looking light globes now are actually LED designed to look like they have a filament.

Halogen filaments generate enormous heat so they are encased in one layer of glass which is then built into a traditional globe using very thick heat resistant glass which is then vacuum sealed.

The LED ones look kinda the same but they are made with very very thin glass not designed to withstand high temp because LED’s don’t heat up.

Halogen globes are being phased out globally but still available on Amazon in the US at least. Much harder to find in Europe.

Depends where you live. You need a proper halogen filament but most ‘traditional’ looking light globes now are actually LED designed to look like they have a filament.

Halogen filaments generate enormous heat so they are encased in one layer of glass which is then built into a traditional globe using very thick heat resistant glass which is then vacuum sealed.

The LED ones look kinda the same but they are made with very very thin glass not designed to withstand high temp because LED’s don’t heat up.

Halogen globes are being phased out globally but still available on Amazon in the US at least. Much harder to find in Europe.
Thanks for the reply! This was very helpful.

I’m currently having trouble getting a stem at the moment. 3 different lightbulbs I’ve purchased have shattered during heating, one time spilling molten meth all over my table. What brand of lightbulb is less likely to do this? Or am I just getting very unlucky or something?
You want one that's rated for 100 watts. 60 watt bulbs shatter easily when used for vaporizing meth.

Welcome to bluelight by the way.