PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Best Ketamine Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigshot1990

Bluelighter
Ive been trying to figure out what the best Ketamine alternative is besides MXE since its becoming harder to find. I did some K analogue at a music festival that had me in a hole for a solid 4 hrs....I was also on some mushrooms and put as much up my nose as a possibly could before it got clogged. I enjoyed whatever it was but wasn't able to identify what it was since I was completely out of my mind and didn't run into the fella again. Ive never been able to hole that long off K or MXE so curious to know if any of you have an idea to what I had done?

3-meo-pcp possibly but it's harder to find than mxe imo.
There's also tiletamine but it lacks the psychedelic aspect of ketamine, I didn't like tiletamine at all.
There is no better alternative to ketamine imo, they are all different in their own way, but nothing has been able to replace ketamine for me

I was going to say MXE... for me MXE lasts about twice as long as K and the hole is very similar, but much, much more lucid and because of that I prefer MXE.

Perhaps the reason you holed for so long is because you were also on mushrooms? Combining a tryptamine with a dissociative is well-known to produce synergy.

It doesn't seem to me, from my very limited experience with it and what I have read from hundreds of other users, that 3-MeO-PCP is good for holing. It seems like taking that much is dangerous.

The only thing about 3-meo-pcp is that in some users during the hole they can be very mobile as opposed to ketamine where you are pretty much entirely immobile

The best a person looking to mimic ketamine as closely as possible using the known alternatives can do is try to capture some aspects of it while understanding the substitute simply won't feel like ketamine. If you don't have too much of a tolerance to NMDA antagonists, I think a combination of N-ethylketamine and maybe 4-MeO-PCP might do that. N-ethylketamine has a similar feel to ketamine even though it's not considered remotely as powerful -- that's where the 4-MeO-PCP might come in. 4-MeO is the only other dissociative out there besides MXE that I've heard people describe "K-hole" like experiences for (doses in the hundreds of mg, though that could reflect user tolerance). I've never taken either compound at a high enough dose to feel really strong effects personally, though. I'm just extrapolating from a combination of what I felt at lower dosages and others' reports. If you take a hit of nitrous while on other dissociatives you'll get a brief taste of the anesthetic side of K.

that sounds abour right because I was stuck and much more psychedelic than any other disso I had ever done...didn't move an inch threwout the 4ish hours...I couldn't even if I wanted to...I was no longer human...was in a spinning vortex of god like thoughts and vision (when you think your dead). I had read that the 3-meo-pcp keeps you up and moving and would have been realy fucked since I did such a large amount. I appreciate the info everybody. I believe im going to check out N-ethylketamine and see how that goes.....in a perfect world I would get k or mxe all day but they just keep getting harder and harder to find and when I do find either....people are busting heads with there prices

I've never really managed to hole on anything other than ketamine. I've only holed a handful of times on MXE.

My personal opinion is that you should never look for a replacement, but learn appreciate the different qualities these compounds can offer though.

I spent a long time looking for an MXE replacement, but now I've come to learn each drug has it's merits, and I've learnt to enjoy each experience for what it can offer.

4-meo IM has a wonderful rush, similar to that of ketamine without immobilising oneself.

One thing I've noticed with 4-meo, particularly nasal administration, is if you watch a film whilst on it, and keep your eyes fixated on the screen for a prolonged period of time, object distortion really amazing. My most notable experience with this was where I began to feel almost in a cinema, but then the film broke outside of the realms of the screen.

I'll run through a few quick thoughts

4-meo feels kind of dirty to me, but I kind of like it (only via IM administration though).

I've had no compelling experiences with 3-meo to date, but I think that's down to me not finding my "sweet spot".

MXE has always been incredibly unpredictable for me, but will always be my baby (DOC)

Methoxyketamine (2-meo-ketamine?) was pretty poor if I remember correctly, I don't think it was around for long.

N-ethylketamine I had to take a quite high dose, and didn't really get anywhere worthwile, so I disbanded experiments due to cost effectiveness, but it's a worthwhile avenue if it's available to you.

Esketamine is around from certain places (s-isomer ketamine), and it offers different qualities to ketamine. (I don't know how you could verify, or isolate the s-isomer, but there must be a way).

I came across 3-ho-pcp once, and it was nice, it had an incredible warm glow (opiate activity?) but not so much dissociative. I only got one experience with it, I would give my right arm to explore it further.

Methoxetamine, without a doubt.

I got a feeling diphenidine or MXP might have it's place as a ketamine alternative.

3-MeO-PCE maybe?

MXP... it's ok. Diphendine pretty shit. Actually both are rather crap. But hey that is just my 5 cents. Others will disagree. Maybe it's time to use the darknet...

I like methoxphenidine in some respects, It has a quality to it. I never tried Diphenidine.

I've had limited trials with methoxphenidine, I think it'll only be appreciated by those looking at it for it's own merits, and not in comparison to another substance.

It produces somewhat of a serene state, like meditation (I don't meditate, so this is just conjecture).

If you're after something to replace a ketamine or mxe experience, you will be sorely disappointed.

The bottom line is, if you try to replace ketamine, or methoxetamine with anything, you will only ever be disappointed.

Open your mind to each substance, and embark with no expectation, and just succomb to the experience. Ketamine and MXE are nothing alike, the same can be said for everything else, they share some qualities, but you will always be comparing apples and oranges. They're both fruits, but that aside, they're not the same.

Last edited:
Eh yeah enough of that, we don't really allow 'what should I take?' threads and this has really become a 'recommend a drug to me' thread.

closed

Status
Not open for further replies.