• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best high-fat meal prior to using oxymorphone

Project Will

Bluelighter
1) For the sake of potentiating oxymorphone, what is everyone's favorite high-fat meal to eat before taking oxymorphone?

2) Does a fatty meal potentiate nasal AND oral oxymorphone?

3) Is eating a small fatty meal better than a large fatty meal?

4) Does a fatty meal really make that much of a difference?

I am new to using fat as a way to potentiate oxymorphone and wanted to get some opinions of the more versed users.

This thread would probably get more attention in the OD forum, but since it is so informal/discussion based I figured BDD might be more fitting. Feel free to do as you wish with this thread mods.

My plan is to eat a BBQ sandwich, corn dog, french fries, coke to drink and finish things off with a piece of cheesecake.

We always have pasta on the stove, pasta fagioli, pasta piselli, or something pasta to eat. It's more carbs than anything else, although I suppose that the olive oil and cheese would be pretty fatty; anyway, I like to take down a bowl of pasta and then a spoonful of peanut butter before I take any oxymorphone. To be honest, I'm not sure how well it works. I might need to ingest more fat before taking the oxymorphone, but I haven't noticed too much of a difference.

The biggest difference, I have found, is in keeping the powder in your nose. I watch people beast through an entire 40 mg opana, sucking it so far back into their nose that I just know they're swallowing most of it. Unlike other drugs with a higher oral bioavailability, swallowing oxymorphone is just not as efficient, so the more powder you can keep in your nose and the longer you can keep it there, the better.

^ So would using a nasal spray be a good idea before insufflating? My opiate tolerance is fairly low (30-40mg OC is what I would use for a recreational dose) so I don't plan on blowing through a whole 40mg opana.

^ So would using a nasal spray be a good idea before insufflating? My opiate tolerance is fairly low (30-40mg OC is what I would use for a recreational dose) so I don't plan on blowing through a whole 40mg opana.

Sure, it certainly wouldn't hurt. In fact, I like to use a sinus rinse before insufflating anything, be it oxymorphone, dope, whatever. It just helps to free my nose and sinuses for the goodies. ;)

When snorting anything its definitely best to snort a few small thin lines, giving your nose time to absorb inbetween, than do a fat one that just shoots down your throat or even falls out of your nose again!

I don't know much at all about oxymorphone I have to say so will let others give you any other advice :)

Fatty meal is a misnomer when talking about increasing the bioavailability of oxymorphone and oxycodone. You need to have an empty stomach and then a very small amount of something that is high in fat (think a piece or two of chocolate candy.) It should not affect nasal dosing, except for the amount that ends up draining into your stomach.

A small piece of high fat candy makes all the difference for me with oxycodone.

Fatty meal is a misnomer when talking about increasing the bioavailability of oxymorphone and oxycodone. You need to have an empty stomach and then a very small amount of something that is high in fat (think a piece or two of chocolate candy.) It should not affect nasal dosing, except for the amount that ends up draining into your stomach.

This goes against what I've been reading here - seems like oxymorphone is specifically affected by a "fatty meal" and not oxycodone or other opiates. The heavy warning labels for Opana (don't eat for so many hours before and after taking) are ones I've never heard about with other opiates. But like you seem to be saying, taking any of them on a mostly empty stomach and stimulating the metabolism with a small amount of rich food would definitely work.

I'm fairly certain that a fatty meal will only affect absorption when taken ORALLY. I believe it has something to do with your stomach acid not destroying the opiate. That's why oral Bioavailability is low, the stomach acid destroys the opiate before all of it can be absorbed, but if u eat a fatty meal beforehand, it allows for more of the opiate to be absorbed.

don't quote me on this, but i was under the impression that a meal high in fat content would increase peak plasma levels for all routes of administration. i don't think that oxycodone and the fat need to be directly together in the same place for it to work. after all, what's the difference between oxycodone that's absorbed in the intestines vs. mucous membranes on another region of the body? there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of solid evidence on the mechanism of action that actually takes place, and anywhere you look everyone always quotes the same one sentence, which doesn't provide much specific info. feel free to prove me wrong though if you find some sources.

as for opana, i did quick searching (so not sure if any of this is true or not), and someone posted about how the meal high in fat content can help speed up the bodies natural way of working against the time-release mechanism of the pill (again, i did a quick search, so not sure if this is true and i don't feel like searching again to find specific sources)

personally, i know for sure i've noticed a significant boost when i eat a small meal that's high in fat content for both injecting and plugging my oxycodone. as for the best meal to eat, nothing tops 1/2 of an avocado. 1/2 an avocado is pretty much the perfect potentiator for oxy. it's not too much food that it slows the absorption rate (if you decide to take your pills orally), and it's also high in monosaturated fats, which are the good kind for you to eat. i used to use fast food burgers sometimes, but after trying the avocado i won't use anything else. i've also had positive results with thousand island dressing. on family road trips when we'd stop for a meal, i'd always order a salad and load it with thousand island dressing (i love a good thousand island) before popping my oxy in the back seat. nothing like driving through the Appalachian mountains, watching some good movies, and shooting the shit with the family while catchin a nod in the back seat lol.

Oxycodone already has high oral Bioavailability, there really isn't a need to raise it. Oxymorphone, has real shitty oral Bioavailability, and therefore a fatty meal beforehand helps with the absorption.

I could be wrong (and am by no means an expert) but if you take something intranasally it doesn't enter the stomach (other then what is swallowed) so whatever the contents of the stomach are doesn't really have any bearing on absorption.

Some foods may affect liver enzymes and therefore affect how the drug is processed? Someone else would have to answer that one.

I've always read that trying to increase oral Bioavailability of oxyCODONE isn't very effective because it is already so high. Increasing oral Bioavailability of oxyMORPHONE is possible because of how low it is, again, I believe it has to do with the stomach acid destroying it and not allowing the body to absorb it.

1 of my Opana connects has 150 10mg of the old kind. The newer formulation is crush proof. Take some cimetidine prior to ingestion.

don't quote me on this, but i was under the impression that a meal high in fat content would increase peak plasma levels for all routes of administration. i don't think that oxycodone and the fat need to be directly together in the same place for it to work. after all, what's the difference between oxycodone that's absorbed in the intestines vs. mucous membranes on another region of the body? there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of solid evidence on the mechanism of action that actually takes place, and anywhere you look everyone always quotes the same one sentence, which doesn't provide much specific info. feel free to prove me wrong though if you find some sources.

as for opana, i did quick searching (so not sure if any of this is true or not), and someone posted about how the meal high in fat content can help speed up the bodies natural way of working against the time-release mechanism of the pill (again, i did a quick search, so not sure if this is true and i don't feel like searching again to find specific sources)

personally, i know for sure i've noticed a significant boost when i eat a small meal that's high in fat content for both injecting and plugging my oxycodone. as for the best meal to eat, nothing tops 1/2 of an avocado. 1/2 an avocado is pretty much the perfect potentiator for oxy. it's not too much food that it slows the absorption rate (if you decide to take your pills orally), and it's also high in monosaturated fats, which are the good kind for you to eat. i used to use fast food burgers sometimes, but after trying the avocado i won't use anything else. i've also had positive results with thousand island dressing. on family road trips when we'd stop for a meal, i'd always order a salad and load it with thousand island dressing (i love a good thousand island) before popping my oxy in the back seat. nothing like driving through the Appalachian mountains, watching some good movies, and shooting the shit with the family while catchin a nod in the back seat lol.

Respectfully, you?re way off, in multiple ways. It only impacts orals ROA, no others. A high fat meal can help boost the bioavailability of orally taken oxymo, just like with morphine, to a point at least it?s nearing bioavailability of oxymo when Insufflated. And it?s got nothing to do with ER vs IR pills, just the drug itself and the ROA