• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Best detox plan

opinaivekush

Greenlighter
I had surgery in december+ january and have been taking atleast 20-30mg a day since november, only sometimes increasing to 60mg a day for when pain is really intolerable. After one month there is mild chronic pain and only severe acute pain on occasions. So I think im almost ready to come off the percs. I also have been taking ativan 1-2mg a day since my surgery to sleep. What would be the best method to get off each drug? I was thinking of getting some diazepam from my doctor for getting off the opiates first. Maybe 10 10mg diazepam. As for the benzos I really don't know the best plan of action for getting off those. Should I do a diazepam taper for them as well or should I cold turkey? It seems a pretty insignificant dose that wouldn't cause seizures. I just can't go through those again scariest thing that's ever happened to me.

No need for diazepam if youre taking ativan (lorazepam) since theyre both benzos.

I would advise dropping the ativan first by decreasing your dosage to .5mg and trying not to use it to sleep. Then go ahead and begin dropping your oxy (percocet) dosage by 10% every 2-3 days and you should be able to taper down with almost zero withdrawal symptoms.

I would use Kratom, you have a super low tolerance (not to belittle your dilemma, withdrawal is withdrawal and it sucks), but literally I bet you could switch over to 8 or so grams once or twice a day of kratom and feel almost no withdrawal symptoms. I was able to get by on 20-30g a day to combat withdrawals from a two plus year addiction of IV black tar heroin (gram or more a day).

In fact you'd probably be able to just cold turkey it with the aid of benzos and I can almost guarantee that after three days you'll be on the up swing and after five days you'll be cool.

Okay, I don't want to sound condescending or like I'm minimizing your struggle, but every addict started where you are now, worried about withdrawals from short term, low dose use. In my case, I actually continued using every day to "taper" my meds and avoid any discomfort. Then you have a bad day in the middle of the taper and say fuck it -- another month or two of daily use. Your tolerance inevitably increases and you switch to snorting. Eventually you're running out of pills three weeks early and you find they're too expensive or hard to find on the street, so you justify using heroin. No needles, just the lowest possible dose to avoid being sick and missing out on work/family obligations.

Another scenario, you try to taper your perc usage with subs to avoid any discomfort. Before you know it, even a "short taper" has resulted in you taking a stronger opiate (sub) for half as long as you were taking the percs and you find it really uncomfortable to come off, so you justify going back to your DOC or just continuing low dose sub maintenance which will ultimately leave you with a much longer lasting acute WD than the percs.

At this point, your addiction is NOTHING comparatively speaking. Your cold turkey is NOTHING, and you have one of the best meds available (Ativan) for masking whatever minimal detox symptoms do present themselves after two months of low-dose oral use. Basically, next time you have two consecutive days off, quit using your meds the night before and sleep in as long as possible. When you wake up experiencing minor WD, take an ativan and continue to take one every 6-8 hours for three days, after which time your opiate withdrawal will be over and you can then think about dropping the Ativan for good. If you drink a lot of water, take vitamins, eat healthy, and try to sleep on a normal schedule during this 3-day period, it's unlikely you'll experience any discomfort beyond what a minor hangover feels like.

You have the perfect opportunity to get out now. Every opiate remembers that perfect moment, the one in which you currently reside. Take your out now and never look back. If you want to know how bad it can get quickly, even for an educated, fit, well-off Caucasian man in America who thought it could never happen to him, read my thread and embrace the knowledge you've just received the best advice available to you on the internet at this time.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/784319-My-current-rapid-taper-off-high-dose-H-with-bupe

^that's kind of what I was trying to say without being too blunt.

CT also might give you insentive to stop fucking around before its too late. Because with these drugs there comes a point where only God can help you and I don't even believe in God, So I substitute religion with buprenorphine or methadone, sadly.

Im just gonna take ativan for the first 3 days and lots of immodium to stop that annoying diahrea. I hate the mild withdrawl symptoms intnesely, never in my right mind will I ever use H, I couldn't imagine how shitty it makes you feel. I just have nightmares from when I ct ativan when I was taking 2-4mg a day for 9 months. The withdrawl was absolute hell. Never again I say.

Good plan. If you like weed as your username indicates, a good mellow strain in conjunction with the Imodium and Ativan should turn your WD period from unpleasant to 3-4 days of content couch-lock with your favorite TV series or video games.