• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Best Detox off of Norco?

Reggietsfree

Bluelighter
Hey Guys!

Happy New Year. Listen I had an accident about 10 yrs ago, causing chronic pain...so I had been prescribed 7.5 Norco via Pain Clinics.
That was brutal and insane... began to abuse the amounts and begin to buy them from a Vet bud who suffers from acute pain as well.

Stopped the pain clinics and my Primary Dr and I agreed to 90 5.0 Norco per month and some physical Therapy.

Truthfully I am down to my prescribed 90 5.0's and about 20-30 10mg Norco monthly.
I am really getting tired of taking them, my pain is not near as problematic, and don't desire my life to be centered around pain or pain meds!!

Do I have to enter a Drug Detox unit when I am ready to kick and be clean or can I do it @ home?

You can get into a program if you want. I didn't have that option when I quit I quit cold turkey by myself took about 3 months. About a year to get my mind back on track. Another year to fully function again. And another year to fully enjoy life without drugs. I'm 7 years clean at this point no one can tell that I'm a former drug dealer user.

My long recovery time stemmed from long duration narcotic use I was on painkillers for about 7 years I was on benzodiazepines as well for about 10 years. Coming off the benzodiazepine was f****** torture. I got over the opiate withdrawal in about 6 months altogether. But those benzos man it's like a brain fog and it just keeps on beating you at every turn.

Those first three months the pain is going to be immense both physically and mentally. But it's in my case it was completely worth it hardest thing I ever had to do and I'm glad I did it I got my life back.

I'm not completely pain-free but the pain I experience is manageable without narcotics. It's possible man just got to try

You can get into a program if you want. I didn't have that option when I quit I quit cold turkey by myself took about 3 months. About a year to get my mind back on track. Another year to fully function again. And another year to fully enjoy life without drugs. I'm 7 years clean at this point no one can tell that I'm a former drug dealer user.

My long recovery time stemmed from long duration narcotic use I was on painkillers for about 7 years I was on benzodiazepines as well for about 10 years. Coming off the benzodiazepine was f****** torture. I got over the opiate withdrawal in about 6 months altogether. But those benzos man it's like a brain fog and it just keeps on beating you at every turn.

Those first three months the pain is going to be immense both physically and mentally. But it's in my case it was completely worth it hardest thing I ever had to do and I'm glad I did it I got my life back.

I'm not completely pain-free but the pain I experience is manageable without narcotics. It's possible man just got to try
I really appreciate you sharing your experience, strength, and hope...which seems to be an anomaly these days!

I think it's great that you're trying to address this now. Lots of people kind of think half-assed about stopping opioids, and before they know it they're dealing with 100+mg habit per day, even hundreds. Might be best to get some advice like someone to talk to about things so you have a good chance of stopping.