• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best collective knowledge regarding methods of speeding up Meth/Amphetamine Detox

MJL

Greenlighter
Okay, so my primary forum for years was Drugs-Forum, but having gone more or less sober for quite a while, I came back to that forum with a question, only to find that forum is completely inactive. So I hope to find the same value of information from here as I used to there. I had a problem that I'll copy from my thread post over there - basically, I relapsed after a long time sober because I remembered that small amounts of meth counteracts the urge to drink once I started daily drinking again, however, I also have random drug tests, so I made sure to do it Saturday Morning after calling to see if I'd test that day. It worked to keep me from drinking, but the lingering worry of potentially being tested on Monday and almost certainly being tested on Tuesday made me read all the literature I can in order to come up with a game plan to clear my system within 48 hours. I read dozens of reports of people claiming that, even for daily / high volume users, taking 12 hours off with taking 1-2 tablespoons of baking soda and lots of water before a drug test appeared to work for a good number of people. I came up with the following plan using the best knowledge I've been able to find. The post is below - IF ANYONE has any pertinent knowledge related to this subject, please let me know.

=====

I get random tests and I've been completely clean from EVERYTHING (Including Kratom, I found out that it's against the terms of my probation to use Kratom) [See Note 1 at the bottom] - though on a few occasions I've been able to get away with having a beer or two right after my test and drinking enough water before my next one to pass so far.

I'll just label the method I came up with from my research below in bold, for anyone who just wants that. I feel like explaining my situation in detail first. If you wanna skip that, scroll until you see a long line of === marks.

I also got a random false positive for buprenorphine (Suboxone) last week which I couldn't explain at the time it was revealed to me (I was shocked and flustered when my PO said that, truly - I hadn't touched Sub in months) - the cutoff is at 5 nanograms, and I tested at 5.5ng - I later realized that the most likely explanation is a false positive from having taken tramadol, the enzymes used to metabolize it are the ones measured to detect Sub usage, I gathered.

Anyways, I wanted to quit drinking so I could avoid another positive drug test (I had tested positive for alcohol once in the last 15 months) - but the daily urge combined with the depression I have from being in this situation that oftentimes seems hopeless, and the pattern was strong. I remembered having kicked alcohol by dosing amphetamines once when I was younger, and back then just a small amount cancelled out the negatives from the alcohol withdrawal at the same time as the cravings.

And so, I had already been sitting on some for a while, mostly because I forgot about it, I haven't enjoyed amphetamines in some time, and when I did, I was too sensitive to them to do very much. I figured if I didn't have testing on Saturday, then I could go for it since I'm not tested on Sundays and I may not be tested on Monday either. I was under the impression that my memory served correctly that adderall takes two days to be eliminated and meth would be the same.

So after I was told I didn't have to test Saturday, I snorted one very small bump (A little smaller than a flat ladybug), smoked twice that, and drank the water I used to clean the pipe with. I also rubbed the last of what I had onto my skin, but I don't think that did anything. I didn't even like hitting it, the anxiety was bad, so it took me about 5 hours to smoke that, I only lit the bowl three times, and I think I wasted most of it.

I have no way of accurately guessing the weight that I dosed, but I'm confident that it must have been <100mg, probably less than half of that, if I'm guessing with my eyes (which I'm not good at). The water I drank around 10pm after taking the tiniest last hit off the bowl. I think I was smoking it wrong because despite how little there was, the pipe went from clear to having a layer of deposited BS on it.

Despite it being such a low dose, I guess because I'm not tolerant (It's been months since I touched it), I'm still awake. But I don't feel high. I feel hungry and sleepy. I would have gone to bed usually about 9 - 10 hours ago. To double-check my decision (honestly I know that this choice was healthier for me than continuing the drinking cycle, alcohol just ravages my body, and that definitely worked to keep me from drinking yesterday).. I just have to make sure it doesn't end up causing me trouble in the future - I'm so close to being through with my legal troubles and I am forever traumatized by the system - I don't want to fail anything. I'm not drinking after today 100% - I'm pretty sure I have that genetic mutation that causes alcohol to have an exaggerated effect on dopamine, and that's why amphetamines work to replace it and allow me to quit much easier.

Anyways I was reading a whole bunch of information that had me a lot more concerned that it might not be so simple to ensure that I'd pass if I took the test Monday at 6:30PM (Less than 48 hours from having my last tiny puff & drink) - so I dug through the archives here and tried to put together the most evidence-backed strategy I could to clear my system out ASAP. I'm going to write it below as well as the apparent reason for each step so other people can use it and give feedback or correct me if I'm wrong about anything. I'll provide a tl;dr version too.

==================================================================
THE METHOD - A THEORETICAL STRATEGY FOR PEEING CLEAN WITHIN 48 HOURS OF AMPHETAMINE USE

The first important thing I found is that the body excretes amphetamines MUCH more quickly if the Blood pH is low.
Common suggestions were to drink Orange Juice or Vinegar in order to trigger the body to excrete more through Urine.
I need to do this as soon as I finish eating because I do NOT want to be peeing it out later. This is just the first part of the cleanse.

Since I don't have Orange Juice or anything very acidic handy (and my car is not running at the moment),
I'm just going to substitute this with a malic acid / popsicle smoothie because it should have the same effect.

Also, I'm going to take a multivitamin, 150mg Zinc Gluconate, and Two Vitamin C tablets. I'd include B-vitamin complex too if I had it handy. I'll take these tomorrow too, maybe with more Zinc and less Vitamin C on the day of. I saw some evidence that Zinc in its' Sulfate form can help mask positive results, but the evidence wasn't very strong. In any case, everything but the Vitamin C will aid in metabolism and offsetting the large amounts of liquid I'll be drinking. The vitamin C is mostly for the benefit of making the blood and urine more acidic, but it will have some effect on metabolism as well.

The main thing for the first 24 hours is to drink 196 ounces of fluid (A Gallon and a Half) and attempt to excrete as much of it as possible through a combination of sweat and urine. I'll drink a gallon of water and a half gallon of my acidic mixture. Then I'll try to exercise as much as I can outside and try to get my blood flowing so my body is more actively at work and keeping the internal metabolic activity high.

Then tomorrow I'll drink a detox beverage if (I can find one) with Milk Thistle, Dandelion, and whatever other -barely-effective-enough-to-market- tea I can find instead of the acid drink for the first half of the day, while keeping the amount of water and overall fluids the same.

I'll also dose a multivitamin and Zinc in the morning as mentioned. Then, 2 hours before needing to test, I'll mix 1.5 - 2.0 Tablespoons of Baking Soda into 32 ounces of water and down it. I've seen numerous anecdotal reports of doing just that part and passing. The reason for it is evidently that the body won't excrete amphetamine through urine when the blood is alkaline. That's why we drink an acidic mixture on the first day, because the inverse is true. I'll also try not to catch the pee at the beginning of the stream, pee the minimum necessary to constitute a sample, and avoid drinking the acidic liquid mixture or taking Vitamin C within 8-10 hours of the drug test.

That's about the best advice I can gather, but if anyone else has any tips, please share what you know.

=====================
Tl;Dr - STEPS OF THE METHOD
=====================

FIRST 24 HOURS - Take 2 or more Vitamin C tablets, A Multivitamin, a Vitamin B-Complex, and 100mg + of Zinc Gluconate (If Available)
Drink at LEAST 128 ounces (1 Gallon / 4 Liters) of Water, and
64 ounces of something acidic (Orange Juice, Dilute Vinegar)
[Alternatively eat a lot of sour candy or acidic fruit / foods]

HOURS 24 to 36 - Take 1 Vitamin C, A Multivitamin, a Vitamin B-Complex, and 150mg + of Zinc
Drink 48-64 ounces Water,
Drink 32 ounces of something acidic before the 30 hour mark (Like above)
and Drink 32 more ounces of something pH neutral like Detox Tea.

HOURS 36 to 46 - Take another Multivitamin and B-Complex with ~250mg of Zinc
Drink 48-64 ounces of Water,
24-48 ounces of something pH neutral,
and mix 1 - 2 tbsp, depending on weight (~1 tbsp per 100lbs) of Baking Soda into 32 ounces water
(to drink within ~15 minutes at ~2 hours before Urine Test)

HOURS 46 to 48 - Drink enough water to guarantee a pee, but not too much - keep electrolytes high;
Gatorade or Pedialyte / Coconut Water is good enough. Preferably not Soda (Avoid Carbonation)
Drink your flush drink / flush tablets if you plan on using any for good measure.
(Warning: People have complained about nausea and getting the shits from the baking soda, don't overdo it)

Be Careful!

Try to avoid taking drugs when you might be tested as often as possible (obviously)

I'll be testing this to see if it works and I'll report back.

========================

[SIDE-NOTE 1: I'm on probation for a crime I didn't commit, because my state appointed lawyer told me that I'd have to sit in county for at least 6 months AFTER having already spent 73 days locked away, innocent - just to get to the point where I'd get to face trial. The terms of probation seemed preferable, but now I know why my state incarcerates more people per capita than anywhere else on earth - they know how to make money off it]

What a shitty law which causes innocent people to select between 6 months incarceration or probation. And enforces abstinence on a (non-drug related?) crime.

Last edited:
One thing I'd add to your drug test protocol:
If you're drinking a LOT of water within 24hrs of your test, take a B Complex vitamin 24hrs to 8hrs before the test. This will ensure that your urine is yellow. The tester might perceive clear urine as an indication of dilution. Be sure to eat a little something with the B vitamin to prevent nausea.

Last edited:
Okay, so my primary forum for years was Drugs-Forum, but having gone more or less sober for quite a while, I came back to that forum with a question, only to find that forum is completely inactive. So I hope to find the same value of information from here as I used to there. I had a problem that I'll copy from my thread post over there - basically, I relapsed after a long time sober because I remembered that small amounts of meth counteracts the urge to drink once I started daily drinking again, however, I also have random drug tests, so I made sure to do it Saturday Morning after calling to see if I'd test that day. It worked to keep me from drinking, but the lingering worry of potentially being tested on Monday and almost certainly being tested on Tuesday made me read all the literature I can in order to come up with a game plan to clear my system within 48 hours. I read dozens of reports of people claiming that, even for daily / high volume users, taking 12 hours off with taking 1-2 tablespoons of baking soda and lots of water before a drug test appeared to work for a good number of people. I came up with the following plan using the best knowledge I've been able to find. The post is below - IF ANYONE has any pertinent knowledge related to this subject, please let me know.

=====

I get random tests and I've been completely clean from EVERYTHING (Including Kratom, I found out that it's against the terms of my probation to use Kratom) [See Note 1 at the bottom] - though on a few occasions I've been able to get away with having a beer or two right after my test and drinking enough water before my next one to pass so far.

I'll just label the method I came up with from my research below in bold, for anyone who just wants that. I feel like explaining my situation in detail first. If you wanna skip that, scroll until you see a long line of === marks.

I also got a random false positive for buprenorphine (Suboxone) last week which I couldn't explain at the time it was revealed to me (I was shocked and flustered when my PO said that, truly - I hadn't touched Sub in months) - the cutoff is at 5 nanograms, and I tested at 5.5ng - I later realized that the most likely explanation is a false positive from having taken tramadol, the enzymes used to metabolize it are the ones measured to detect Sub usage, I gathered.

Anyways, I wanted to quit drinking so I could avoid another positive drug test (I had tested positive for alcohol once in the last 15 months) - but the daily urge combined with the depression I have from being in this situation that oftentimes seems hopeless, and the pattern was strong. I remembered having kicked alcohol by dosing amphetamines once when I was younger, and back then just a small amount cancelled out the negatives from the alcohol withdrawal at the same time as the cravings.

And so, I had already been sitting on some for a while, mostly because I forgot about it, I haven't enjoyed amphetamines in some time, and when I did, I was too sensitive to them to do very much. I figured if I didn't have testing on Saturday, then I could go for it since I'm not tested on Sundays and I may not be tested on Monday either. I was under the impression that my memory served correctly that adderall takes two days to be eliminated and meth would be the same.

So after I was told I didn't have to test Saturday, I snorted one very small bump (A little smaller than a flat ladybug), smoked twice that, and drank the water I used to clean the pipe with. I also rubbed the last of what I had onto my skin, but I don't think that did anything. I didn't even like hitting it, the anxiety was bad, so it took me about 5 hours to smoke that, I only lit the bowl three times, and I think I wasted most of it.

I have no way of accurately guessing the weight that I dosed, but I'm confident that it must have been <100mg, probably less than half of that, if I'm guessing with my eyes (which I'm not good at). The water I drank around 10pm after taking the tiniest last hit off the bowl. I think I was smoking it wrong because despite how little there was, the pipe went from clear to having a layer of deposited BS on it.

Despite it being such a low dose, I guess because I'm not tolerant (It's been months since I touched it), I'm still awake. But I don't feel high. I feel hungry and sleepy. I would have gone to bed usually about 9 - 10 hours ago. To double-check my decision (honestly I know that this choice was healthier for me than continuing the drinking cycle, alcohol just ravages my body, and that definitely worked to keep me from drinking yesterday).. I just have to make sure it doesn't end up causing me trouble in the future - I'm so close to being through with my legal troubles and I am forever traumatized by the system - I don't want to fail anything. I'm not drinking after today 100% - I'm pretty sure I have that genetic mutation that causes alcohol to have an exaggerated effect on dopamine, and that's why amphetamines work to replace it and allow me to quit much easier.

Anyways I was reading a whole bunch of information that had me a lot more concerned that it might not be so simple to ensure that I'd pass if I took the test Monday at 6:30PM (Less than 48 hours from having my last tiny puff & drink) - so I dug through the archives here and tried to put together the most evidence-backed strategy I could to clear my system out ASAP. I'm going to write it below as well as the apparent reason for each step so other people can use it and give feedback or correct me if I'm wrong about anything. I'll provide a tl;dr version too.

THE METHOD - A THEORETICAL STRATEGY FOR PEEING CLEAN WITHIN 48 HOURS OF AMPHETAMINE USE

The first important thing I found is that the body excretes amphetamines MUCH more quickly if the Blood pH is low.
Common suggestions were to drink Orange Juice or Vinegar in order to trigger the body to excrete more through Urine.
I need to do this as soon as I finish eating because I do NOT want to be peeing it out later. This is just the first part of the cleanse.

Since I don't have Orange Juice or anything very acidic handy (and my car is not running at the moment),
I'm just going to substitute this with a malic acid / popsicle smoothie because it should have the same effect.

Also, I'm going to take a multivitamin, 150mg Zinc Gluconate, and Two Vitamin C tablets. I'd include B-vitamin complex too if I had it handy. I'll take these tomorrow too, maybe with more Zinc and less Vitamin C on the day of. I saw some evidence that Zinc in its' Sulfate form can help mask positive results, but the evidence wasn't very strong. In any case, everything but the Vitamin C will aid in metabolism and offsetting the large amounts of liquid I'll be drinking. The vitamin C is mostly for the benefit of making the blood and urine more acidic, but it will have some effect on metabolism as well.

The main thing for the first 24 hours is to drink 196 ounces of fluid (A Gallon and a Half) and attempt to excrete as much of it as possible through a combination of sweat and urine. I'll drink a gallon of water and a half gallon of my acidic mixture. Then I'll try to exercise as much as I can outside and try to get my blood flowing so my body is more actively at work and keeping the internal metabolic activity high.

Then tomorrow I'll drink a detox beverage if (I can find one) with Milk Thistle, Dandelion, and whatever other -barely-effective-enough-to-market- tea I can find instead of the acid drink for the first half of the day, while keeping the amount of water and overall fluids the same.

I'll also dose a multivitamin and Zinc in the morning as mentioned. Then, 2 hours before needing to test, I'll mix 1.5 - 2.0 Tablespoons of Baking Soda into 32 ounces of water and down it. I've seen numerous anecdotal reports of doing just that part and passing. The reason for it is evidently that the body won't excrete amphetamine through urine when the blood is alkaline. That's why we drink an acidic mixture on the first day, because the inverse is true. I'll also try not to catch the pee at the beginning of the stream, pee the minimum necessary to constitute a sample, and avoid drinking the acidic liquid mixture or taking Vitamin C within 8-10 hours of the drug test.

That's about the best advice I can gather, but if anyone else has any tips, please share what you know.

=====================
Tl;Dr - STEPS OF THE METHOD
=====================

FIRST 24 HOURS - Take 2 or more Vitamin C tablets, A Multivitamin, a Vitamin B-Complex, and 100mg + of Zinc Gluconate (If Available)
Drink at LEAST 128 ounces (1 Gallon / 4 Liters) of Water, and
64 ounces of something acidic (Orange Juice, Dilute Vinegar)
[Alternatively eat a lot of sour candy or acidic fruit / foods]

HOURS 24 to 36 - Take 1 Vitamin C, A Multivitamin, a Vitamin B-Complex, and 150mg + of Zinc
Drink 48-64 ounces Water,
Drink 32 ounces of something acidic before the 30 hour mark (Like above)
and Drink 32 more ounces of something pH neutral like Detox Tea.

HOURS 36 to 46 - Take another Multivitamin and B-Complex with ~250mg of Zinc
Drink 48-64 ounces of Water,
24-48 ounces of something pH neutral,
and mix 1 - 2 tbsp, depending on weight (~1 tbsp per 100lbs) of Baking Soda into 32 ounces water
(to drink within ~15 minutes at ~2 hours before Urine Test)

HOURS 46 to 48 - Drink enough water to guarantee a pee, but not too much - keep electrolytes high;
Gatorade or Pedialyte / Coconut Water is good enough. Preferably not Soda (Avoid Carbonation)
Drink your flush drink / flush tablets if you plan on using any for good measure.
(Warning: People have complained about nausea and getting the shits from the baking soda, don't overdo it)

Be Careful!

Try to avoid taking drugs when you might be tested as often as possible (obviously)

I'll be testing this to see if it works and I'll report back.

========================

[SIDE-NOTE 1: I'm on probation for a crime I didn't commit, because my state appointed lawyer told me that I'd have to sit in county for at least 6 months AFTER having already spent 73 days locked away, innocent - just to get to the point where I'd get to face trial. The terms of probation seemed preferable, but now I know why my state incarcerates more people per capita than anywhere else on earth - they know how to make money off it]
Good regime ⛑️👗

After my first epileptic insult and hospitalisation. The tox screen for drugs found in my blood was absurd. The day before I had taken dex-Amphetamine and Alcohol. And both were not present in my blood, only THC was found. So my body cleared that within 24 hours which I found strange. My liver enzymes ( ALAT/ ASAT ) did indicate that I was an Alcoholic though

My dosage of Dex-Amphetamine was not high btw, just my prescribed dose/ 35 mg. But the Alcohol was quite a lot, but the promilage in my blood was 0.0.