• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos

Ap4m.be

Greenlighter
New here, just been using blueligh for years now getting information on all sorts of things. But here's the thing. And I can't find any information I need.

So I was just switch back to alprazolam 1mg 3x a day. Klonopin wasn't cutting it at 4mg a day. I'm aware of the dangers of these meds. (My doc has me on a agreement to wean when the time comes) But would being on 4mg a day of Klonopin somehow effect my tolerance to the alprazolam? These meds help alot from the panic/anxiety and sleepless nights from severe pain. I refuse to take narcotic pain meds. I just Kratom to control my pain. Just wondering if the kpin raised the hell out of my benzos tolerance at 4 mg a da to the alprazolam. Btw this is not for recreation ues. I just can find any information and the benzos equivalency charts don't seem right because im seeing different post due to what I'm trying to get helpful answer here.

If I'm posting in the wrong discussion board, please direct me to the correct one.

New here, just been using blueligh for years now getting information on all sorts of things. But here's the thing. And I can't find any information I need.

So I was just switch back to alprazolam 1mg 3x a day. Klonopin wasn't cutting it at 4mg a day. I'm aware of the dangers of these meds. (My doc has me on a agreement to wean when the time comes) But would being on 4mg a day of Klonopin somehow effect my tolerance to the alprazolam? These meds help alot from the panic/anxiety and sleepless nights from severe pain. I refuse to take narcotic pain meds. I just Kratom to control my pain. Just wondering if the kpin raised the hell out of my benzos tolerance at 4 mg a da to the alprazolam. Btw this is not for recreation ues. I just can find any information and the benzos equivalency charts don't seem right because im seeing different post due to what I'm trying to get helpful answer here.

If I'm posting in the wrong discussion board, please direct me to the correct one.

Hi welcome to Bluelight!

Yes benzos do have a cross tolerance so the clonazepam you were taking prior to the alprazolam would have increased your overall benzo tolerance. 4mg clonazepam daily is also quite a high dosage.

How long were you on the clonazepam before you switched to alprazolam?

You may need to speak to your doctor about a taper plan just so you can get your tolerance to a reasonable level.

^ Chronic Clonazepam lasts a lot longer than alprazolam, and is a bit more potent...

So you have already decreased you're dose...

You really needed bars, at least initially before lowering it to 3-4mg per day, and then either sustaining at that dose or tapering...

At the very least, 4mg xanax(1mg qid) or, 1.5mg 3x per day should have been the initial switchover, and a month or two later, try 3
mg

Anyway if you can adjust you have already lowered your dose a bit, so that is something, in terms of progress if you are going to taper anyway

That dose does seem pretty low so I am not surprised you are unimpressed. I need 2mg xanax to really have an effect and I have 0 tolerance. And naturally a pretty low tolerance to everything. Eventually once your on a dose for long enough its just going to make you feel normal, not the relief it once did. If you want to get off benzos eventually, I would stick with the current dose.