• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos (Xanax) not working :/

Zon

Bluelighter
I've never really taken any benzos before so I shouldn't have any tollerance and so started off at .5mg xanax, but didn't get any noticable effect at all. Then tried 1mg the next day and also not really anything. I even tried 2x.5mg (2 hours apart) and went out drinking 5+ cocktails. Was pretty drunk as you'd expect but other than that nothing (btw I have already done a lot of research about mixing alcohol with benzos and already know the risks).

My plan was to use them in small amounts when going out drinking just to take the edge off social anxiety a bit, not to get any high, but I don't feel like they are doing anything at all so far.

Anyone have any idea what is going on? The pills are definitely not fake. I might be having very slightly lower than usual anxiety levels but it's really not noticable so I might just be imagining that.

Last edited:
Some people consider Xanax recreational but they really just make me sleepy at higher doses. Be careful because mixing benzos with alcohol could yield disastrous results as you're mixing CNS depressants. I suppose you can consider yourself one of the lucky ones that don't feel much from them. Getting addicted to benzos and enduring withdrawals was a hellish experience for me. Paled in comparison to opiate withdrawals.

Some people consider Xanax recreational but they really just make me sleepy at higher doses. Be careful because mixing benzos with alcohol could yield disastrous results as you're mixing CNS depressants. I suppose you can consider yourself one of the lucky ones that don't feel much from them. Getting addicted to benzos and enduring withdrawals was a hellish experience for me. Paled in comparison to opiate withdrawals.

Thanks for your concern, I have read a lot about the risks of mixing as well as becoming addicted and am being very careful/taking it slow. Once I get the desired effect that will be enough, and not planning to take every day either.

I am most lucky that I don't have an addictive personality and always manage to control myself, not that I really ever have urges to binge on anything. I actually use most drugs as life enhancers rather than recreational experiences :)

Xanax doesn't really have any 'pronounced' effects when dosed casually. It's most apparent when stacked against a panic attack, or when attached to a stimulant comedown.

Using xanax in in a situation like yours is unnecessary, and thus wont have much effect.

Xanax doesn't really have any 'pronounced' effects when dosed casually. It's most apparent when stacked against a panic attack, or when attached to a stimulant comedown.

Using xanax in in a situation like yours is unnecessary, and thus wont have much effect.

Well if that is the case it is actually preventing such panic attacks then? I mean I usually get super tense at the beginning of parties until the booze takes over. I could say it might have been slightly less these times. Though hard to tell because it all depends on the people and setting.

Although I am still confused why I have read so many stories of people taking 0.5mg with 1 beer and falling asleep. Maybe its because I have high tolerance to alcohol, or even related to drinking too much coffee?

Anyway if that is the case would you say another benzo would be better for my situation? Maybe klonazepam or diazepam? The reason I chose Xanax was because of its short half life I figured it would be less chemically addictive though have never actually had that confirmed anywhere.