• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Benzos-Opioids Safety

xopies

Greenlighter
Hey,

Before you start lecturing me, I am fully aware of the danger of interactions between opioids and benzos. However, I also heard the combination produces an AMAZING high. So, I had an idea.

I have a friend with a bottle of 0.25 mg xans lying around. Would the effects of an opioid high, probably from about 20 mgs of oxy, be enhanced to a noticeable degree by 0.25 mgs of xanax? 0.5, perhaps? What is the relative danger of a combination of these two drugs at this level?

Thanks!

Yes, combining opiates and benzos is extremely dangerous.

No, the combination does not produce an "amazing high". How can you have an amazing high when you're basically unconscious?

If you wish to seek oblivion, then

Well no offense FUBAR, but technically yes they do get you a bigger high. You?re not always just unconscious. However, it?s still dangerous unless you are heavily tolerant to both, and since you are talking about taking 0.25-0.5 mgs only that tells me you aren?t tolerant to benzos.
So in your case I wouldn?t take both, or it will be the unconscious scenario

Well no offense FUBAR, but technically yes they do get you a bigger high. You?re not always just unconscious. However, it?s still dangerous unless you are heavily tolerant to both, and since you are talking about taking 0.25-0.5 mgs only that tells me you aren?t tolerant to benzos.
So in your case I wouldn?t take both, or it will be the unconscious scenario

I am tolerant to opioids. Just not benzos.

So, you're telling me if I stuck to 0.25 mgs, I would still be unconscious? (with 20 mgs of oxy). I'm just wondering.

Thanks!

So, you're telling me if I stuck to 0.25 mgs, I would still be unconscious? (with 20 mgs of oxy). I'm just wondering.

Thanks!

Honestly at 0.25mg of xanax you might not even notice any potentiation in effects.

At such a low dosage of 0.25mg xanax you might be ok with the oxy.

However your not really going to have a great high because you will fall asleep if you have no tolerance to benzos. You might be able to fight the nod and feel quite chill.

As others have mentioned u might just straight up pass out and get no enjoyment. And waste the meds.

I am guilty of mixing opiods with diazepam. But i know that xanax hits harder and faster so u would probs pass out pretty quick.

At any rate the worst that could happen would be that you die from respitory depression. or go into a coma.

If u want a nice chill out. why not just take the xanax, like even 0.75 mg and skip the opioids for a day. Or take sedative antihistamines and lyrica with your opioids. A much safer option also a very nice high that u can actually stay awake to enjoy.

Its difficult to say hey sure just try it when there is a massive dangerous drug interaction between these drugs. All i know is it didn't really do much more for me that taking more of the benzo alone wouldn't achieve. Plus waaaaay less risky

Be safe friend :)

Yes, combining opiates and benzos is extremely dangerous.

No, the combination does not produce an "amazing high". How can you have an amazing high when you're basically unconscious?

If you wish to seek oblivion, then

Oops, accidentally passed out myself there from too much vodka. I haven't got a clue what I was about to say...

Whoever said that benzos and oxy provide an amazing high, they must not partake very often because the result is a waste of the opiod.... The benzo simply zones you out... Grab your blanket, lock your door, youre gonna sleep for awhile and have some interesting dreams.
I've been prescribed clonazepam for a decade now and I can still function quite well on both... Someone w no tolorance will easily fall asleep, or worse. Save the benzos for coming down on opiates, you'll thank yourself later.
Keep it steady yo.

Ah, I forgot to add that I'm currently nodding off because of the combination and I'm kicking myself because I don't wanna sleep right now! Enjoying the high that's left for the night/day which is disappearing at a rapid rate!!! How can I make this sleepiness end?

Thanks!

There is no way we can tell you this with meaningful certainty. If you must pursue the idea, experiment with them individually and start with low dosages.

As others have said, combining the two is not a particularly safe combo. Most opioid ODs (outside fent/carfent hotshots) seem to happen with opioids + benzos/booze.

Some people seem to enjoy the anesthesia of the benzo/booze plus opioid combo, but I also have never found it enjoyable compared to opioids alone.

BRO THESE PEOPLE ARE GIVING YOU PUSSY ASS INFO...

trust me me in a EMT IN NYC AND I SHOOT DOG FOOD AND POP BARS BUT I STARTED W PERC 5s and little 0.25mg PCs/quarters of xan bars .. you gotta take the .5mgfirst then take like 30mg of oxy and you?ll be fucking fine .. just write yourself a little note that says don?t take more than 40mg of oxy or more than 1mg of Xanax cause when your Benzo his you , you will not give a fuck (cause of the xans) and try to take more lol.b

well i guess from my own personal exp, what is it your after. Just chilling and nodding off then yes an oxy and benzo combo will do that but if you still wanna function and carry on with the normal day activities i would also stick to keeping them separate. As for how safe it is, that differs from person to person but starting ff at the lowest dosages are the safest but im no doctor nor do i know your background so i cant personally say what is safe and what is not.

I am opiate naive (ive done oxycodone maybe 3 times and tramadol once) and have a small benzo tolerance, I did 15mg of Oxycodone, 10mg valium, 0.25mg xanax when the oxycodone was peaking and a glass of strong wine, I had no problem whatsoever and I actually felt a much harder time breathing when I did 27.5mg oxycodone alone, as long as you know your limits I would say it is safe, harm reduction is about being realistic and if you are asking this you are most likely going to attempt it someday, just be careful with your dosages and dont take everything at once, I started with the valium and oxycodone, you can start with the oxy only and wait for the peak and if you feel good try the xanax.

BRO THESE PEOPLE ARE GIVING YOU PUSSY ASS INFO...

trust me me in a EMT IN NYC AND I SHOOT DOG FOOD AND POP BARS BUT I STARTED W PERC 5s and little 0.25mg PCs/quarters of xan bars .. you gotta take the .5mgfirst then take like 30mg of oxy and you?ll be fucking fine .. just write yourself a little note that says don?t take more than 40mg of oxy or more than 1mg of Xanax cause when your Benzo his you , you will not give a fuck (cause of the xans) and try to take more lol.b

Yo dawg. Im from NYC and i shoot horse shit, inject speedballs into my eye balls and give myself 2 litre Methadone enema's. And thats how cool i am. All these other people that are trying to prevent you from killing yourself are a bunch of pussies.

Like i said. You'd probably be fine with the small amount of benzo and the oxy. But i, as others did. Mentioned the risks as well. We don't know your individual brain chemistry, biochemistry. Other drugs you might be on. Prescription or otherwise. So the cautious approach is used.

But like you said you already know the risks. So if your coming on here looking for someone to give you the thumbs up. Then NYCDOSE just has. So listen to him if you want. I personally didn't die from mixing benzos and opiods. But we all different and plenty of people have.

So if your gonna do it anyway. Do it carefully. Or go balls deep like NYCDOSE. Up to you.

Ps. Got nothing against you NYCDOSE. I just saw the the opportunity to be sarcastic and could't resist.

All the best :)

Honestly, opioids are good enough for me and I would HATE to waste them. So, I'll stick to my oxy and use my xanax with pot like I usually do.

Thanks for all your replies!

Honestly, opioids are good enough for me and I would HATE to waste them. So, I'll stick to my oxy and use my xanax with pot like I usually do.

Thanks for all your replies!

plus for me personally, a sativa plus benzo is awesome for movie time. You have that alertness with relaxation at the same time. Or at least for me that's what i have found.

plus for me personally, a sativa plus benzo is awesome for movie time. You have that alertness with relaxation at the same time. Or at least for me that's what i have found.

Sativa is the best. Indica just hasn't done it for me.

I miss weed so much. They drug test me at my job and I'm waiting for the next one with great anticipation, since they only do them once every few months, so I can smoke again.