• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Benzos make me tired and Lexapro or other SSRIs make me lethargic and irritable fml

betterdays4all

Greenlighter
Been on lexapro 10 mg since 2013 and credit it for saving my life at that time when I was taking too much Adderall in excess (Original PCP missed bipolar 2 until new PCP diagnosed me, but both agree I had ADHD). Anyway, all I would do was stay home and screw my ex-gf who was the most beautiful woman I've ever been with but I knew I was a sinking ship and she was off or had to be to be with me at that time. When I added lexapro, all anxiety was gone and I didn't seek approval from family members or outside validation from friends anymore, I was my own man finally.... until I failed the bar twice and now heading in a third time.

My grad school education cost me a ton in loans so I'm forcing myself to pass this brutal bar exam and the second time on a lower dose of Adderall (instant release) (adderall ir 15 mg), I did much better than the first time (adderall xr 25 mg). Now, I'm still on lexapro 10 mg and feel like it's making me worse and more depressed as I continue to live in isolation with no social life and blow all job opportunities once I either get back on Lexapro or Adderall, but I'm going to say it's the lexapro because on the Dexedrine Spansules 15 mg twice daily my new PCP had me on just before I started studying which is why back on adderall, I was clicking with alot of people but was hurting immensely for some reason and now I'm not. I love the lack of care Lexapro gives me but I find it extremely irritating when it comes to studying and recognizing finances, spending, and how bad I need a job lined up without looking desperate.

My two PCPs disagree on Bipolar 2, but I picked up Lithium Carbonate 300 mg because I saw improvements when I went in public and my friends were telling me I was normal and on Lexapro I was wierd. I think the part that hurts is what if the SSRI Lexapro makes me the real me? I can't remember if I started taking it because of law school and my own depression when all I needed was a med tweak off the instant release adderall but I needed to help myself at that time and that ex-gf of mine is gone although she reached out recently prob. to see if I'm off lexapro or not and I can't figure it out. Does it dumb you down? Do all SSRIs dumb you down to reality? is that why my anxiety was gone and I didn't realize other aspects of my life, or is it helping me get on my feet so I can move out and then quit it? Clonzepam worked well the second sitting and I only failed by a little, but if there are other options please share. The most perception changing drug for me is by far lexapro. :?