• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

(Benzos) Interested in trying a new benzo- midazolam, and advice on seditives

hxc

Greenlighter
tl;dr: Im looking for something strongly hypnotic to do sparingly. I have had experience with xanax, ativan, and valium.

I have been perscribed xanax and ativan, and am currently perscribed 10mg valium, of which I have reduced my dose to 2.5mg/ day. I have gone my rounds with MUCH higher doses of Alp, of which previously I took 2mg/ day for 6 months... getting off was on hell of a ride and I dont see myself trying that again!!! It took around 6 weeks (I plan on making a separate, detailed post about that adventure)

Anyhow I am interested in trying something more hypnotic; or more of a 'time eraser'.. to be clear, this is not something I plan do regularly.. This year I have been very proactive in getting myself healthier and honestly feel pretty good after successfully quitting smoking and reducing my dependance on anti anxiety medication. I have a fair amount of medication on hand that I do not take, and I consider myself to have a good sense of what is safe and what not to get hooked on.

Research has led me to midazolam, and was wondering if anyone could advise me on if this would be the best choice for what im looking for.. I want to be SAFELY sedated. I would be be in the comfort of my home with trusted (and generally) sober people. Is there anything else I should consider, or do you think midazolam would be a good fit to achieve this

Edited for some spelling!

the best ROA for midazolam is IV - one of the few benzos that can actually be administered in that way.

Yes I'm aware of that... I would have the 15mg tabs, and start off by taking a half to judge the reaction. The ROA would be sublingual.

I am not absolutely opposed to IV, but I have never done so.. I've had it in the hospital administered that way, but have no idea what my dose was. I was told after the procedure that I required an additional dose; probably due to my long history with benzos.

I wonder if similar effects can be achieved with the tablets sublingualy?

I wouldn't feel confident trying that unless I had someone who I trusted deeply who had experience in that regard as a guide. I'm in contact with people online who would qualify, but no one in my immediate social life.

i too have had midazolam administered to me intravenously in hospital; awesome right?
but i don't think it would feel quite the same sublingually as it doesn't hit you all at once like with an IV.
i've never personally taken midazolam outside of IV in hospital so i couldn't tell you much more. let us know how it goes if you don't mind! i'd be very interested

Yeah it sure was awesome.. I had my procedure (Endoscope) at 8:40 am.. I remember getting into the room and laying on the bed and thats when the nurse pushed the versed.. I have a couple blurs of memory. A short blip of the doctor talking to my driver afterwards and a little memory of a sharp turn on the way home.. but when I came to I was in my kitchen having a cup of coffee at almost 1:30 pm.. I guess even in that state I wanted a fresh cup!!

My driver told me later that we stopped and got burger king.. but I couldn't remember eating. I had to see the reciept to believe it