• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo's and seizures - I also take Keppra and Gabapentin.

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
so, my Dr. recently put me back on benzos for sleep. I have a HARD FUCKING TIME SLEEPING! this is my Suboxone Dr. who put me on benzos.

I also have a brain tumor on the left frontal lobe; it was removed but a small piece still remains and sometimes seizures may occur. I take 4kMG/Keppra/day as well as 1600MG/Gabapentin/day for the seizures overall. at first, my Neurologist, told me to stay away form benzos because they may be a part of seizures, but I've always taken them on the side anyway to HELP me sleep and with anxiety; I've also taken Etizolam always, since they are somewhat "legal".

I am wondering if anyone else out there takes Xanax and has a seizure problem like myself? again, I have a brain tumor on the left frontal lobe which causes the seizures and I take 2 scripts for that; do you think me taking the benzos is battling against my 2 scripts? I have yet to have a problem in the 2 months since my script has been active but it does worry me deep down.

I just gave my Suboxone Dr. my other Dr's info so they can contact one another and talk; he MAY shut off the benzos but whatever.. what is better for me is better for me, but those benzos truly help me sleep and taking Seroquel for so long instead; which have been NOT WORKING for me as of late and always had me waking up drowsy as a MOFO!

so nowadays its:

8MG/bupe
1600MG/gaba
4000MG/Keppra
1MG/Xanny (when needed)

anyone have any info on this? anything to say about the seizures and taking the benzo with the anti-seizure meds? again, they have YET to be a problem for me but I remember my Dr. originally saying its NOT a good idea. but I think he only said that because at the time he knew I was a heroin addict and was abusing DRUGS.. all drugs, all day, all the time. nowadays, yes, I am still an addict, but benzos were never a major problem but they HELP A LOT RIGHT NOW w/ my anxiety because of my chemo up and coming and also help me sleep w/o the mind rushing 2000MPH each and every night.

if you have questions, just ask. because this is my health and I want to know what will work best FOR ME!

Well, Gabapentin does raise the seizure threshold so I wouldn't think the dose you're on and an occasional Xanax would be any harm, but I'd try cutting them in half sometimes just to be on the safe side.

I'm sorry to hear about your brain tumor and I hope everything gets better but I'm not sure if that will effect the medications either. I wish I had a more helpful response. Your doctor probably did tell you that originally because you were on heroin and that alone causes a problem.

What are you addicted to now and is it the same amount as before if you don't mind sharing? We're all here to support you.

here is what I am scripted and how I take them.

I wake up around 6AM:

8MG/bupe (I am scripted 16/MG/day but take the full 8MG in the AM and ONLY take 8MG in the AM)
2000MG/Keppra in AM
1600MG/Gaba in AM (I used to take the full dose in the AM because it gave me a bit of a buzz rather than break it down, which is how they have the script written)

5PM:
2000MG/Keppra (scripted 4000MG/day - the 2000MG comes when I wake up; this is EXACTLY how the Dr. wants me to take it.

10PM:
1MG Alprazolam (when needed; which is every few days. my mind RACES and RACES as of late and since finding out, once again, that I will be going through Chemo).

I have ALWAYS taken a sleeping aid come bed time. I do not always use them because there are times ill be watching TV and just pass out. but when that does happen, I will wake up 6-10 times throughout the night w/ these racing thoughts. and then ill have a hard time getting back to bed but usually at that point its too late to take a sleep aid since its now 3AM and I need to be up at 6 or 7AM depending on the day). I have had sleeping problems since I was a child; I am now 33.

I do have a deviated septum, I was told just recently, and will be going to a Dr. to have that fixed over the next 2 years. has this HELPED ANYONE BEFORE!? I been to a sleep clinic over the past 3-4 months and they told me this is ONE of the MANY reasons why I have a hard time STAYING ASLEEP and why my sleep is the way it is.

any advice, words, ANYTHING would be great.

I have yet to take any Xanax tonight since I am not working this week due to a vacation before I start my Chemo, AGAIN! so hopefully I pass out before 1AM because I have a hospital visit yesterday to prepare me for the chemo. if i do not feel the least bit tired by 12:15 then

My prayers go out to you Boston. I wish you a speedy recovery. Remember it's mind over matter