• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzos and derealisation

Hear Me Roar

Bluelighter
Hello y'all.

Some slight background. I'm well versed with benzos, have had them prescribed various times over the years and also procured them on occasion for recreational use. Around a year ago, after a tolerance break of smoking pot and having a smoke, I got the dreaded panics and subsequently mild de-realisation which after a few months subsided.

My question is, I know de-realisation can be a symptom of withdrawal from benzos but can benzodiazepine use cause de-realisation.

I'm not trying to link my previous benzo use with DR. I'm simply wondering if DR can become present when using benzos.

As in, If I pop say 1.5mg of bromazepam, could that then cause my DR to re-manifest itself.

Did a little digging on google and previous threads, couldn't really find anything. Seems counter productive as benzos are anti-anixety and DR to an extent is a knock on effect. Though though I'd ask anyway.

One time use shouldn't cause derealization. Only sudden withdrawal after very heavy chronic use. It's a mental hell but isn't permanent.