• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos and cimetidine (New)

Xtreme Rush

Bluelighter
Ok how long before I take either xanax or valium should I wait. I have already taken the cimetidine pills two of the OTC kind. Ive read before to wait an hour, os this right? If not then how long?

I have both xanax 1mgs blues and diazepam 10mgs 2 pills, im going to take the 2 valium and 1 xanax, after an hour goes by.

But can any one shed some knowledge on this subject
thank you so much

peace

Ok thankyou, could you merge for me, I figured it would be BDD but didnt know 100% so I just chose thos section....., thanks

if anything cimetidine will potentate the shit out of the alprazolam for sure
if you have zero to low tolerance to alprazolam take a small dose after taking the cimetidine you can always take more never less of the alprazolam
as cimetidine has a half life of around 2 hrs i would atleast wait that long
now if your plan is to get f'd up it really doesnt matter you can take them like 30 mins apart
recommend you do wait atleast 4 to 5 hrs after taking cimitidine to take xanax

ps why are you gonna take valium and xanax? take either one combo or another for example cime and xanax or cime and valium i highly suggest you dont mix all 3

Listen your not making complete sense no offense.
Like im confuse by what you said how long should I wait to take the benzos after taking the cimetidine, I heard an hour tops, but your saying otherwise, so please explain, im not being a dick, im just trying to gather as much information as possible, and I have a script for the xanax and just 2 valium I bought from the streets. And I have a pretty high benzo tolerance so that's why I decided to take the to valium with the xanax, because 2 valium is not enough. For me at least.

so anyways how long do I wait before I take benzos after I take the cimetidine. That's what I need to know.

Also empty stomach which would be better or a full stomach

do you not know what half life means ?
you can take your pick of when to take it if you want to take the cocktail after an hr of taking cimetidine then have it if that was me i would wait atleast 2 hrs
i only mention the half life etc info is to be on the safe side of things and since you didnt mention if you had a high benzo tolerance or not
again cimetidine will def potentate xanax which is a bitch because you dont exactly know how much itll potentate it meaning its hard to tell how hard itll hit you
from personal exp xanax on a empty stomach it hits me faster
on a full stomach it takes awhile doesnt affect the potency though

Cimetidine—Co-administration of cimetidine increased
the maximum plasma concentration of alprazolam by
86%, decreased clearance by 42%, and increased halflife
by 16%.
this is just for xanax not sure on the valium

I think that some punctuation might help clarify the meaning a bit. But I believe the poster is saying that since the cime will last at least two hours in your system, if you aren't looking for it to potentiate the valium/Xanax, you should wait at least that long. If you do want that potentiation to occur, you should probably take them after about 30 minutes of taking the cimetidine.

I took 7mg of Xanax and 12mg of clonjpin plus 2 shots of NyQuil and 6 tagament s and I feel amazing

I took 7mg of Xanax and 12mg of clonjpin plus 2 shots of NyQuil and 6 tagament s and I feel amazing

Highly irresponsible behavior, even if you happen to have a high tolerance to Benzodiazepines. We don't really condone this sort of thing. I'm thankful though because I've been looking for an opening to preach openly about the potential danger of Nyquil usage among drug using individuals. Why is Nyquil dangerous? Eyes forward people!

Nyquil, trade name for a highly popular combination cold/flu preparation. Per each standard dosage of 15ml:

Acetaminophen/Paracetamol/APAP (Tylenol) - Universally common OTC pain medication - 650mg

Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide (Robotussin, among countless other names) - One half of a potent chiral Opioid; Methorphan, no central Opioid activity. Essentially, a drug made to take advantage of Opioids' propensity for cough suppression with little to no addiction potential. I'm not saying it's not misused - 30mg

Doxylamine Succinate (Unisom) - A sedative antihistamine along the same lines as Diphenhydramine (Benadryl). Rarely if ever used for any purpose other than mild sedation - 12.5mg

Ethyl Alcohol - For getting drunk; a carryover from when Alcohol was "medicine". 10% abv - In other words,a little more than twice as potent by volume as your average beer.