• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos and Calcium, is sublingual a solution?

aramis23

Greenlighter
After some research, Ive found that products containing high calcium (i.e.) Tums, can render benzos less effective as it delays gastro related absorption and it is advised to try to split administration by two hours.

I take both a proton pump inhibitor for heartburn and GERD, as well as Klonopin up to 4x daily among other prescriptions.
PPI's are digested differently, do not contain calcium and therefore, to my knowledge, don't effect efficacy.

Once in a while, I take Tums or Rolaids chewables if stomach upset or hearburn is really bad. Not ironically, some anxiety like symptoms (for me), can be exacerbated by gastric problems, so it becomes a what to do thing.

In general, I try to just not take Tums and time Vitamins, etc...accordingly.

Anyway, if one is having agitation or discomfort within the two hour window, I was curious if letting the klonopin dissolve under the tongue may be a work around. Thanks for your time....1st post:)

Jesus im getting anxious just reading how many thoughts you got going on in your head. That benzo has a extremely long half life like over sixteen hours so if youd taking it everyday it shouldnt matter because your levels wont. Vary much over the day because if you could drastically alter your ph by calcium carbonate consistantly all day youd be in the er.

Say for example half life is 24 hours (varies for everyone ) and take 0.5 4 x per day
Day 1 Dose 1 0.5
2 1
3 1.5
4 2.0
Day 2 dose 1 1.5
2 2
3 2.5
4 3
Day 3 dose 1 2
2 2.5
3 3.0
4 3.5
Day 4 dose 1 2.25
2 2.75
3 3.25
4 3.75

Math is wrong cause im too tired but you get the point as you continue to take it daily you end up with most of if in you at any given time with only small changes dose to dose.

i always wondered if i was the only person whose anxiety got worse due to heartburn! a few years back i noticed it when i would get real panicy when my heartburn would get bad. good to know its not just me and that im not completely insane for linking the two together! right on, knowing that honestly just helped ease my mind a bit, thank you!!!

Oo yea heart burn gives me anxiety whenever I feel like ima have a panic attack from coffee some baking soda or tums or even chewing gum bam anxiety gone. I think I tend to missindentify weird stomach and chest pain as panic