• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Benzos and buvidal (buprenorphine injection)

Blowingclouldzzz

Bluelighter
Hi, after years on mehtadone and suboxone (different periods) I finally got onto the bupe injections. They are a life saver and i HIGHLY recommended anyone to take it. I wake up feeling like a brand new person as if i never done drugs. Its better than suboxone (cos i get heachaches from it, must be the roa or the naloxone or w.e)

My dr urged me to go on it and i waas hesitant and took me a year to finally decide to go with it. Im now on my 3rd monthly dose and i actually regret not doing it sooner. IT REALLY IS A LIFE SAVER AND A LIFE CHANGER!! 😃

anywhoo to the point, i mean problem.

I am prescribed:
168mg monthly buprenorphine
(Buvidal)

6mg Clonazepam (3x2mg a day) for my anxiety disorder.

Does buprenorphine and benzos (all above) affect my testosterone/hormone levels? Because the main topic here is working out at the gym to gain muscle.

I've been gyming for 3 momths now and take protein as well - 156g +/- a day (3 protein shakes a day each with 59g protein) and I am 6ft and weigh 78KG, i actually gained a little over 2kg since i started working out/lifting weights. And i notice my arms and muscles are bigger especially when i tense them, so sexy.. anyways do the medications im on have a impact on muscle growth? I barely get horny.. whenever i would see a nice chick especially wearing sexy clothes, wearing short shorts/mini skirts and as* hanging out, I would get a boner or close to it, that tingling of wanna f*** her. Now i dont, i dont even feel anything but lust.. instead of the usual hungry horny feeling lol. Bear in mind im 27.

Main point is obviously my sex drive is low cos of those medications, i do get horny and the urge to do it once in a while (say once a week), I'd jack off or go brothels (ik, no girlfriend atm but even when i had a girlfriend id still go back then when i wasnt so heavily on this medication and for so long now.

I need to know if it impacts my testosterone and hormones, libido, you name it, the naturals for body and muscle growth? Would it slow it down? What can I do? My i heard bupe doesnt have a big impact on testosterone levels as methadone does.

Thanks, any help and advice would be very much appreciated!

Don't know about bupe really but at the methadone clinic I used to visit there were always guys getting testosterone shots. I know opiates kill my sex drive.
Best to get your hormones tested to know for sure.

Any opioid will suppress testosterone production to some extent, full agonists like morphine stronger than partial agonists like buprenorphine but unfortunately it will have some effects. Working out will work against that suppression, Idk to which degree.

I have been working out since Jan 19 5-6 days a week. Have been on bupe since 2014. I was tested in early December 2019 after complaining that I was getting shredded but not building any muscle in the gym just loosing body fat. My test levels were at 204. I'm 41 now and have been on TRT since start of 2020 and I will say that many people claim or "talk" that "he's on steriods" b/c there's no way he could look like that if not. When in fact I was just extremely low on Test and once I was regulated for my age I should be between 700-1000 max and I stay on the top side of that like a 20 year old and I feel like it and look like it now. I was told that Bupe and/or any opioid extremely affects your test levels. Of course, your going to have to get over the fact that you'll have to take TRT for the rest of your life but if I can look like I'm mid 20's and working out when I'm 41 and also feel like I'm in my 20's, I have accepted I'll have to take it the rest of my life.