• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Benzos AND Alcohol?

UTManAMI86

Greenlighter
I was drinking casually with my partner this evening. We started off drinking small glasses of vodka with sugar-free Red Bull, and then swapped over to a light low calorie beer and once the beer was gone, which it wasn’t much we swapped back to the remainder of the vodka.

And argument in sued as it usually does when vodka is involved and I am prescribed rescue medication for epilepsy that is a Sublingual colnzepam. I have a very high tolerance for medication due to a stomach surgery and so I took three equal 1.5 mg.

I was on the border of a panic attack and having auras from a seizure so I took 1.5 mg, but I am still heavily intoxicated from the vodka and the beer that I consumed. I have done more in the past and never had really much of an issue but for tonight some reason I am afraid what should I expect? I honestly don’t know.

**Edited**

I have more seizures the more upset or stressed it am or lack of sleep so that’s my normal. FYI.

I also have a high tolerance to medications from
Malabsorption from a surgery and being on high doses of literally under the sun for about six years, so it honestly takes a lot for me to get any relief from the malabsorption and the high tolerance combined. Maybe a quarter of a bottle of vodka that was maybe a little less than a gallon a gallon at most and I had three beers on top of it that were natural light.. I medication afterwards

Mid to late 30s and female.

Last edited:
Obviously this is a dangerous mix and it's hard to advise you on what to do right now if you are currently in this situation, in that it could be dangerous to sleep due to the cocktail of benzos and alcohol, especially vodka. If your partner is there, could you possibly ask them to keep an eye on you whilst you try and get some rest, maybe even sleep off the booze and see how you feel on the morning? Sleep is obviously highly important as you know and I found this out after a seizure when coming off of benzos (and a load of other things) cold turkey. Sleep vastly improved the anxiety and stress I was experiencing.

If you are in the moment now then try and stay safe. If you think that you are at risk of not waking up or having a seizure then maybe you should call emergency services.

As a rule of thumb and as I'm sure you know, mixing benzos and alcohol is potentially dangerous in many ways - especially when drinking spirits due to how quickly they fuck you up - but if you are at risk of having seizures at this moment then you should probably seek medical assistance.

Hope you'll be OK and going forward, try not to drink on top of benzos or at least stick to the weaker drinks like piss water beer and stay away from vodka and other spirits. Benzos and spirits is a recipe for disaster. But the big risk here from what I gather in terms of what you're saying seems to come from the potential for seizures. Get emergency help if you feel you need it. If you can get through it with your partner looking after you then I hope that works out but if he's been doing the same as you the he probably is in no fit state.

Good luck and look after yourself.