• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Benzodiazepines without Halogens?

For the 3-ring benzos, the 7 position has to have a strongly electron-withdrawing effect. The '2 position has to be small so that the ring can sit at an specific rotational position compared to benzodiazepine ring. Banzos have been hugely studied and the QSAR is complete. I cannot recall the name, but I bought a paper that went through several 100 different 3 & 4 ring compounds. It's the most addictive class of the lot.

Re addictive benzos...U mean qsar says this or you ate all of these?

For the 3-ring benzos, the 7 position has to have a strongly electron-withdrawing effect. The '2 position has to be small so that the ring can sit at an specific rotational position compared to benzodiazepine ring. Banzos have been hugely studied and the QSAR is complete. I cannot recall the name, but I bought a paper that went through several 100 different 3 & 4 ring compounds. It's the most addictive class of the lot.

If you remember the name of the paper please post it.