View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Benzodiazepines & LSD

n00bsaibot

Bluelighter
Hello, I tried LSD and found it extremely difficult to sleep even after 12 hours of the initial dose.
I took my Xanax and found it ineffective!
Do benzos not work with psychedelics?

Try a benzo with more muscle relaxant properties like clonazepam, or maybe mushrooms next time if the residual stimulation isn't your thing.

They work, you just have to remember that the stimulation from the LSD is stronger than the sedation from the benzo, so you may need more than normal. Alternatively, eat a really filling meal with your benzo. I can fall asleep six hours into LSD no benzos needed if I stuff my face.

you just have to remember that the stimulation from the LSD is stronger than the sedation from the benzo, so you may need more than normal.

This. I am dependent on benzos and need them for sleep anyway, so if I take something super stimulating a la LSD then I'll need to double my benzo dose if I want any hopes of sleeping. A lot of times I'll just ride it out, tossing and turning in bed amidst the mild fractals (because as every benzo user knows, burning through your benzos too fast and running out early = a world of hurt)

magnesium, clonidine, anti-psychotics, and more benzos would definitely help to get to sleep, but i think its better to just time your dosage so the residual stimulation isn't much at all when it comes time to go to dreamland.

Having a benzo tolerance, and need for them to get sleep doesn't help either, not judging here at all, i need etizolam to sleep most nights. Just saying.

magnesium really helps me alot to get to sleep after using stimulating psychs/drugs.

Clonidine will drop your blood pressure, and take care of the adrenic affects of lsd that cause the stimulation in the first place.

Benzos imo are the least effective way to get to sleep after tripping.

And finally, GHB, if you have access to it, and can use it responsibly/safely, works very well for inducing sleep after tripping as well for me.

Anti-psychs will kill the trip, and i'd only use them as a last resort, or if you NEED the trip to stop for some reason, need for sleep being one of them, but definitely not the first choice for me, and personally i think i'd only use them if i was freaking out bigtime and needed to come down.

Last edited: