• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzodiazepine

Winter666

Bluelighter
Can you please explain with pharmacology :

Why not Alprazolam IR is working well in empty stomach after using Lorazepam IR almost 1 year (Prescribed)??

Note : I know Cigarette interact and cut Peak Plasma Conc. almost 30% - 50 %, so I smoked 2 cigs almost 12 hr + before oral administration of Alprazolam.

Thank You.

Last edited:
What doses of lorazepam were you on and how much alprazolam are you currently using?
Benzos have a fantastic bioavailability, no need for cigs

What doses of lorazepam were you on and how much alprazolam are you currently using?
Benzos have a fantastic bioavailability, no need for cigs
Lorazepam IR 60 mg but I took Alprazolam IR 30 mg ( ~equivalent dose) from 48 hrs+ of last Lorazepam Administration.

Thank You.

Yes, that's equivalent. Could the issue be due to alprazolam having a shorter half life, maybe it doesn't cover you the full interdose period?
Haven't you thought about decreasing those doses a little, mate? That's a very serious amount of benzos to be on, to be honest

Yes, that's equivalent. Could the issue be due to alprazolam having a shorter half life, maybe it doesn't cover you the full interdose period?
Haven't you thought about decreasing those doses a little, mate? That's a very serious amount of benzos to be on, to be honest
I'm considering your opinion with respect.

But you know, Alprazolam is fast acting Benzo with high lipid solubility. So,this compound should absorbed rapidly,then through bloodstream fast crossing BBB and high affinity to bind receptor than Lorazepam.
What makes it dull and foggy, mate?

Note : Alprazolam formulation is IR.

First I need to apologise cause of it's out of topic.

Can you please explain with pharmacology :

Why not Alprazolam IR is working well in empty stomach after using Lorazepam IR almost 1 year (Prescribed)??

Note : I know Cigarette interact and cut Peak Plasma Conc. almost 30% - 50 %, so I smoked 2 cigs almost 12 hr + before oral administration of Alprazolam.

Thank You.
The Xanax ER works very well but it's hard to ever switch back to klons at the same mg. I was on them for a couple months 2mg BID. Than I knew if I ever was going to detox these would be much harder than the xanax IR. klons and Valium last the longest. The problem I have is the generic brands are being made cheaply by new Chinese and Indian companies. Notice the GG stick is half the strength of the bar with only 1 G which is the Greenstone generic. Or the yellow stick is almost as strong as the Greenstone one. Same with the klons. The brand name is strongest than the Teva generic and cleaner than others like the accord generic which is the worst next to the asobondu pharma which is all binders and no API in my opinion.

The Xanax ER works very well but it's hard to ever switch back to klons at the same mg. I was on them for a couple months 2mg BID. Than I knew if I ever was going to detox these would be much harder than the xanax IR. klons and Valium last the longest. The problem I have is the generic brands are being made cheaply by new Chinese and Indian companies. Notice the GG stick is half the strength of the bar with only 1 G which is the Greenstone generic. Or the yellow stick is almost as strong as the Greenstone one. Same with the klons. The brand name is strongest than the Teva generic and cleaner than others like the accord generic which is the worst next to the asobondu pharma which is all binders and no API in my opinion.
Buying from streets, could quite possible to got some fake Xanax bars without API.
You should check first before buying from street or retail pharmacy gave placebo pills... mate.

Even, Pharmacists possible to give you placebos if they think you don't need Xanax.

My mate,possibilities lies everywhere.

If Pharmacists thinks that,you don't need Xanax anymore, they can give you placebos.
If those comes from streets to your hand,you know very well - contaminated with other chemicals with or without API.
ER Formulation are so messed up with pharma polymers which gives you pulse of dose time to time.

Where is all this coming from? Street or pharmacist. I have heard shady pharm business before, though, so.....

Even, Pharmacists possible to give you placebos if they think you don't need Xanax.
what country allows this? Medical school rejects are allowed to override a doctors orders and change your medications without telling you or your doctor?