• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzodiazepine Equivalence table(s) - do you agree?

jay3000

Greenlighter
There's the equivalence table from 'The Ashton Manual' and then there are some modified or similar versions made by health organisations, state institutions etc. (quick google search will give you most of the tables/charts.

The reason I came to think of this is that I'm currently sitting here with 2mg Kpins (clonazepam) trying to figure out the actual strength compared to diazepam. According to almost every source my 2mg clonazepams are equivalent to 40mg of diazepam. And these tablets are prescribed for people to take in their homes.

What are your experiences with equivalences/ratios with benzos? Do you think the tables are precise?

ty for any answers

There's the equivalence table from 'The Ashton Manual' and then there are some modified or similar versions made by health organisations, state institutions etc. (quick google search will give you most of the tables/charts.

The reason I came to think of this is that I'm currently sitting here with 2mg Kpins (clonazepam) trying to figure out the actual strength compared to diazepam. According to almost every source my 2mg clonazepams are equivalent to 40mg of diazepam. And these tablets are prescribed for people to take in their homes.

What are your experiences with equivalences/ratios with benzos? Do you think the tables are precise?

ty for any answers
I'm sure the equivalency tables are mainly for medical purposes, and not recreational.

Although, they are usually ok for a rough guide as far as potency of said Benzo. They're not usually adjusted for subjective effect as far as I'm aware.

For me, 2 milligrams of Clonazepam felt nothing like 40 milligrams of Diazepam. When I had low tolerance; 40 milligrams of Diazepam would knock me out cold for 10 hours easily. Yet 20 - 40 milligrams of Clonazepam would have barely noticeable effects. Even though the equivalency says I was taking the same as 400 - 800 milligrams Diazepam.

Welcome to Bluelight. I hope you enjoy your stay ;)

I'm sure the equivalency tables are mainly for medical purposes, and not recreational.

Although, they are usually ok for a rough guide as far as potency of said Benzo. They're not usually adjusted for subjective effect as far as I'm aware.

For me, 2 milligrams of Clonazepam felt nothing like 40 milligrams of Diazepam. When I had low tolerance; 40 milligrams of Diazepam would knock me out cold for 10 hours easily. Yet 20 - 40 milligrams of Clonazepam would have barely noticeable effects. Even though the equivalency says I was taking the same as 400 - 800 milligrams Diazepam.

What?? 20-40mg of klonopin didn't do anything for you? I find that hard to believe and at that dose it's even dangerous. Maybe you meant 2-4mg?

I've actually never been knocked out by a benzo and I've tried a lot of different ones and some very high doses too. But 20-40mg clonazepam should AT least get you reaaaally drowsy lol :D

My two cents... When I started taking Klons back when I was scripted them I was having constant panic attack level anxiety for weeks and it took about 2 days for them to start working and kick the anxieties ass. I was on .5 3x a day though, not a massive dose. I agree with ^ though, 20-40mg of Klonopin should have had you floored.