• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Benzobarbital

deekan

Bluelighter
This one has showed up and I was wondering if anyone had personal experience with it? Approximate dosage?

Benzobarbital.png

also known as: Benzonal, Benzonalum, Benzoylluminal, Benzoyluminal, Benzoylphenobarbital

I found this data here on dose:
http://lekarstwo.ru/en/preparati/benzobarbital.html
Dosing and Administration : Adult 0,1-0,2 g 3 times daily after meals. The highest single dose - 0.3 grams, the highest daily dose of 1 g.
T1 / 2 is 3-4 days.

100-200mg 3 times daily after meals, highest single dose: 300mg. Highest daily dose is 1g/1000mg

CAS# 744-80-9
IUPAC name: 1-benzoyl-5-ethyl-5-phenyl-1,3-diazinane-2,4,6-trione
[Benzobarbital - Wikipedia]
[Benzobarbital - PubChem]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wikipedia says this is basically N-benzoyl-phenobarbital, for most intents you should dose similarly to pheno.
I can't imagine it's a very "recreational" substance though. Phenobarbital is about as fun as dropping sand bags on your head.

Phenobarbital wiki article said:
. The dose range for epilepsy is 60–320 mg/day; its very long active half-life means for some patients, doses do not have to be taken every day, particularly once the dose has been stabilised over a period of several weeks or months, and seizures are effectively controlled. It is occasionally still used as a sedative/hypnotic in anxious or agitated patients who may be intolerant of or do not have access to benzodiazepines, neuroleptics and other, newer drugs. For this purpose, phenobarbital has a lower dose range - around 30–120 mg/day, but this practice is uncommon in developed countries

by weight, benzobarbital contains 70% phenobarbital if you consider it to be a prodrug. try maybe 50 mg and see how you feel.

Barbiturates are very dangerous due to respiratory depression you should be very careful about dosage these chemicals have a thick reputation of suicides and overdoses under there belt. In my opinion they have very little recreational value as Sekio previously stated.

If this have no recreational value, could it have any medical value like sleep aid or anxiolytic. I have tried phenobarbital in the past but its half life is so long that its hard feel anything unless I take a rediculous high dose that make me feel like a retard for 3 days. The thing I would really want to know about this chemical is the half-life.

The half life of Benzobarbital is 50-100 hours which is closely related to phenobarbital's half life which is 53-118 hours.

Is that just the T1/2 of Benzobarbital itself or...? I cannot see how the half life is shorter than that of the active drug it is metabolized into.

Phenobarbital (and I imagine it's close relative here) is a horrid substance, useful only for tapering from other GABAergics IMO. One time I came back from overseas, with a heavy benzo habit (and I mean heavy. . .India or SE Asia can do that to a guy) and my benzo stash mysteriously disappeared from my checked bag. Better that than found and reported I guess, but screw the thieving handlers anyway! So, my taper was out the window, and I was panicking, while still pretty benzo'd out from the flight. Yikes! Seizure time in a few days! Crazily enough I found 60 30 mg phenobarbital tablets i had stashed in my rucksack months earlier, intending to toss em before the flight. Saved my ass. But that is only nice thing I can, or will, say about phenobarbital. Gives barbs a bad name. Sand bags on head indeed!

I have no reason to believe Benzobarbital would be any better, but barb SAR ain't exactly my strong suit. Lead suit more like it!

This is generally very similar to phenobarbital, both dosing and length of action. It's hardly a research chemical as it is used in Eastern Europe, e.g. Ukraine.

Yikes it sounds like I should steer clear from this'un, sounds way too dangerous for recreation

I guess the aim of vendors is to sell an unheard substance just like in case of phenazepam counting on great income just because it hasn't been available in the Western World.

This is used for various purposes in Ukraine (as an anticonvulsant, for sleep, as a sedative) but so is phenazepam. The fact is benzobarbital is actually at most a substitute for phenobarbital. And current therapeutic index of phenobarbital limits its use to treat convulsions when benzodiazepines cannot be used for some reason.

The other reason not to risk with it is that you never know the quality of a substance sold by some vendor. This is very important especially in case of barbiturates which are very easy to overdose on and there's no specific antidote.

HELLO PEOPLE! The OP asked if anyone of us has tried this substance and if so how was it? Just cause phenobarbital is basically the same effect as water, meaning its so weak that its impossible to even feel anything from phenobarbital.. Even when Iv'd while in the hospital you feel nothing from it.

So back to the topic "Has anyone tried Benzobarbital? And if so what did you think of it?"

damn you guys stick to the subject

I took this a couple months ago and figured I'd throw my report up, because there's no information about this one. I have a lot of experience with downers/drugs in general, but no tolerance to any substance.

Benzobarbital: 150mg + 80mg booster

After a lot of research, I decided on a very conservative dose of 150mg. I figured I wouldn't feel this much, but didn't want to over-do it.

T+0:00 - Took it on a long weekend, excited and nervous

T+1:20 - Started feeling it in my legs a bit about 30 minutes ago. Seems to have strengthen a bit, but still feels mild. A little lazy feeling. Legs feel a bit better than benzos maybe? Not hypnotic right now at least.

T+2:00 - Spent a while arguing with significant other, and emotions were pretty much normal. Decent feeling, but nothing crazy yet.

T+2:25 - Seems to have leveled off. Took another 80mg booster because 150mg is quite mild. I would be okay driving a car at 150mg for instance.

T+5:25 - Remains mild after booster.

It felt mild for the rest of the day until I went to sleep, without signs of tapering off. This was definitely an underdose (recreation-wise), but I expected that. It would probably be about the dose they would give you for therapeutic reasons.

I found this data here on dose:
http://lekarstwo.ru/en/preparati/benzobarbital.html
Dosing and Administration : Adult 0,1-0,2 g 3 times daily after meals. The highest single dose - 0.3 grams, the highest daily dose of 1 g.
T1 / 2 is 3-4 days.

It seems to line up with my personal experience.

This isn’t fun at all...

It is a bad-ass anti-anxiety drug just like phenobarb...

It is just slow and boring just like it as well. You can shit on yourself very slowly if you overdose just like phenobarb as well...

probably a better anticonvulsant than anything else.

Provided, as mentioned earlier, that it is not combined with other gabaergics (benzodiazpines) in particular, a "regular" dose should be safe.

Barbiturates bind allosterically and increase the duration that the chloride ion channel is open on a given receptor (more time for hyperpolarization), and benzodiazepines bind allosterically in a different spot to make the GABA receptor more easily agonized/opened (So now you have more frequent activation that is also more potent.) Had a firned break his foot with a few beers, some etizolam, etaqualone (Etaqualone behaves similar to barbs), and some benzobarbital. He...clearly didn't have a good reason for why, but he could have easily killed himself easily.

As my friend, he normally uses 100-150mg to assist with sleeping. Despite the long half life he doesn't complain of a hangover or anything. Just keep barbs/qualones away from benzos, for sure, added gaba agonzization (alcohol gbl, etc.) is just asking for disaster. Hope this helps.

(He never found much recreational use out of it; also said plugging wasn't very effective, and only uses it for forcing sleep. His sleep arsenal is scary, considering it contains all of the above mentioned things I said not to mix, so it's really up to you to be responsible about it.)

Like phenobarbital: about as fun as a sandbag on the head. Also mixing 4 GABAergics is asking for death. Please, be careful...

Is that just the T1/2 of Benzobarbital itself or...? I cannot see how the half life is shorter than that of the active drug it is metabolized into.

Old, but another example of this is Carisoprodol. Half-life of Carisoprodol is 2 hours, but it metabolizes into meprobamate which has a half-life of 10 hours.

You'd think if an RC barb was gonna turn up they'd think to add some more...interesting..substituents. Not make a fucking phenobarb prodrug.

Just be careful with super-long acting barbs, they can be taken for a few days in sub-overdose levels, and then one day, enough as built up, unexcreted in plasma, until that next dose tips you over the edge.

This happened to me once, OD'ed on barbital after scoring about 30g of the stuff, as pure stuff from a professional lab, not an 'RC' lab, but IIRC, genetics and/or microbiology where it was used for making PH buffer systems. Took it for a while, knowing full well I could taper if I needed, but OD'ed as it crept up on me tiny bit by tiny bit.

Fucking paramedics snitched me up too, ended up remanded on explosives related charges, after somehow they found out (paramedics) I had some LGRP, and the fucking cocksuckers grassed me up to the pigs. Ended up in SEVERE full blown DTs during being held prior to a remand 'hearing', where I was in no way competent to present a defense or even follow what was going on, and on remand, was left to CT, whilst being a legit chronic pain patient and taking benzos and chlormethiazole for seizure prophylaxis.

I almost starved to death because of the DTs, fuckers just threw 'food' through a hatch in the door of the cell, onto the floor. Didn't even realize it was there. And in any case I was so badly weakened physically I was too weak to stand, couldn't have gotten up to get the food even if it wasn't thrown onto the floor and left to rot when ignored due to my inability to see it.

Came out of it eventually, almost dead, severely dehydrated and so badly malnourished I looked like a jew that had just been carted out of Treblinka. Absolute living hell, and I barely made it out alive, pretty sure the excitotoxicity did some permanent damage too, I've never been the same since. Barbs being GABAa agonists and AMPAr antagonists, flip that in reverse and you have a perfect storm for excitotoxic neurological damage.

So be real motherfucking careful with superlong duration barbs, and IMO even more so if they are active prodrugs for ultralong duration barbs. (phenobarb is indeed shitty, but despite the long-ass duration of barbital, veronal is actually pretty fucking nice stuff when one makes sure to be careful with it, and of course if you are using it to taper off something, itself included, that if ever you have to go into hospital for ANY reason, that some stupid other cunt doesn't blab about (totally legal) property owned that they still grass you up to the filth for, since those dirty trotters and beady-eyed porcine snouts do NOT need to be snuffling around your house trashing shit given they don't give a flying fuck about the law, only about coming up with excuses they can present to dumb fuck magistrates to get the go ahead to go fuck somebody's property and life up, steal property and worse.

Dirty fucking svinya, swill-snuffling, donut-munching rape sprog subhuman sons of diseased whores need the lot of 'em to drink bleach, catch a terminal case of syphilis and slowly turn up into a mentally warped, twisted shambling hunk of trotters and aetiolated stinking pock-marked pig scratchings. Goddamned filthy inbreed trash.