• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

benzo withdrawl help

lolinpop

Greenlighter
first time taking xanax on the 2/3rd of jan. i believe i took about 7 bars 2mg each one but cant be sure as i blacked out.
been 2 days and im feeling really tired and lethargic.
just curious as to whether this one time, all be it heavy binge will cause withdrawl of any kind or if i will just feel like like shit for a couple of days.

like i said i dont feel bad except tired and abit anxious but thats more about being worried about getting withdrawls.

any advice would be great.

thanks guys

No. Benzodiazepine withdrawal will not be a factor for you. You can expect to feel, as you said, lethargic and perhaps in a bit of a mental fog for a day or two. In the future you need to be more careful. We are a Harm Reduction community and not a free for all drug cluster fuck. When people state that they are behaving in a way that myself or anyone else feels could be dangerous to them, it's part of our duty to our peers to say something about it.

You have no experience with Benzodiazepines, yet decided to take 7 pills right off the bat? Forget specificity of dose and all of that stuff, if I had 7 pills of any kind in my hand, I would certainly be considering what they might be before swallowing them. If you continue to use drugs in such an incautious manner, you are likely to hurt yourself or others, if not physically; socially or legally.

Blacking out or DRE (Drug-Related Amnesia) is not a laughing matter. Correction, it often is absolutely a laughing matter until someone gets seriously hurt or killed. You are a human being and you have the ability to cause severe damage to the world around you in a relatively short period of time. Perhaps you decide you need cigarettes, so you steal a car and brutally murder a family using a crosswalk in the process. Maybe you call in a bomb threat to your work because you think it's a logical way to avoid discipline. Maybe you rob a bank, because you're sure you will get away with it.

The point is, 14mg Alprazolam is enough to leave most folks temporarily comatose. If you don't care about your own well-being, then you need to consider the fact that you could hurt others as well. I apologize if the tone of this post seems condescending or demeaning. I am not going for that at all, but I am trying to inject some seriousness and consideration into this situation.

thanks for the reply. yeah i know it as stupid, i only rememeber taking 2 pills then going to bed. while sleep walking i woke up and took a further 5 i assume.
ill never touch them again