• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo withdrawals (Xanax)

Trinitya

Bluelighter
First let me note: I am not prescribed xanax.

Ive been using Xanax recreationally for almost 2 weeks... about 1.5-2MG per recreational dose... I did it every other day, but I just stopped using it due of fear of withdrawal but lately I think Ive been having it....

I just stopped with xanax period. About 2 days later I started getting a headache and couldnt sleep for the night, and now I am having extreme short temperedness, irritability, cant sleep, my leg wont stop shaking and I cant sit still..

Are these signs of withdrawal? Should I take xanax again or just quit all together? And how long do these usually last? Thanks

If you take more xanax, take a much smaller amount to help yourself wean off.

It's hard to say what your symptoms are, but it is probably a sign that your body is adjusting to not having alprazolam in y our system.

If you take more xanax, take a much smaller amount to help yourself wean off.

It's hard to say what your symptoms are, but it is probably a sign that your body is adjusting to not having alprazolam in y our system.

Yeah I was thinking of .25MG or every other day... If that is the case I thank goodness that I still have some no one seems to use. But I still want to make sure. Cause I keep hearing of seizures that you can get from quitting cold turkey. But I am afraid if I take xanax to ween myself off that itll just make it a neverending process.

Last edited:
Two weeks is the normal recommended medical dosage.

If you continue you are in serious trouble.

Two weeks of use shouldn't be that hard.

Otherwise you end up with a 9 year addiction to diazepam (similar to Xananx).

I hope this is helpful.

Regards.

I will add this further.

If you really have problems withdrawing from Xananx, then switch to Diazepam.

Since this has a much longer half-life and active metabolites.

It MAY get you off it easier.

Ask your doc.

Yes, those symptoms, to me, sound like benzo withdrawal....mild bemzo withdrawal.

I would reccomend taking small doses and slowly wean off over about a 2-3 week period just to be safe.

Yes there is a possibility of seizures from cold turkey WD from benzo's but that usually occurs if your taking doses much higher than what you were taking.

Like CH said above....your body is just adjusting to not having alprazolam in it, so easing down on very small doses would be like giving medicine to a sick baby until it gets better.
Just make sure you stay the course and stick to a set tapering plan....and dont stray from it, because you might find yourself with a true benzo addiction in the end.

Well, you were only using it for two weeks and not at high doses really, sooo i would tough it out or take low doses at night, but really it was such a short period of time and low dose I would just stop unless it really starts to get to ya...trust me I know what it's like, I go through it every month it seems, its awful. But I was doing it every two weeks then stopping with no problem for a while(higher doses to...like 6-12mg at most) then I didn't have to go to my sub doctor every month so I started taking them way more and as everyone says they sneake up on ya. I've been taking 1.5mg of klonopin a night now and have been taking Gabapentin(1200mg) during the day, my anxiety is through the roof still....this is low for me, I was taking massivie doses of benzo's and gabapentin togetther to get fucked up with my subs...so anyway, just tough it out and take like half a milligram at night if you really need it. And don't go on Maintaince unless you really are ready to get clean because you will most likely turn into a poly drug abuser and most likekey with a Gabageric drug trying to get fucked up...know that has nothing to do with your question but if it's ever in your future remember that.