Benzo Withdrawal, Time Warp

m59077

Greenlighter
Been taking Ambien for almost 7 months straight and been noticing that during interdose withdrawals especially, aside from all the classic wd symptoms like tinnitus, visual snow, inability to concentrate, I notice that when especially watching videos such as sports where you have to pay attention to a ball in particular, it seems as during different intervals, the video or play will speed up faster than normal. Its very odd, makes it very hard to concentrate on the game at hand as it makes tracking of the ball very difficult. Has anyone experienced this as well?

Yes, during benzo PAWS. It's temporary and will go away eventually. Ambien is actually of the non-benzodiazepine class and isn't technically a benzo, though it is still a GABAergic. In my opinion the withdrawal isn't nearly as intense as a benzo withdrawal, but it's still best to do a slow taper. Are you planning on stopping ambien?

Yea I am, but it seems I cant sleep at all without it. Ita very difficult. Does anyone else get these time warps that I am talking about, they subside as soon as I take ambien or some Ativan. Started taking a mg of Ativan to help with the symptoms

When I was kicking benzos in rehab I'd wait up all night for my morning methadone, and when you're waiting for your drugs time always seems long, but honestly each minute seemed like 20, I know that's cliche but if someone asked me how long i had been in bed I couldntve guessed if my life depended on it, literally.

Time does seem to go by slower but what I mean is that when watching videos, especially sports, the video seems to fast forward briefly before returning to normal?