• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzo withdrawal question

So it's once a day. I believe at least twice a day. You could ask him in a couple months even he will up it but that's it. Don't go any higher then that and be patient. You could always take .25. Klonopin in insanely strong. I just don't get why ppl hate this benzo. I think it's the safest out there. That and diazepam.

So it's once a day. I believe at least twice a day. You could ask him in a couple months even he will up it but that's it. Don't go any higher then that and be patient. You could always take .25. Klonopin in insanely strong. I just don't get why ppl hate this benzo. I think it's the safest out there. That and diazepam.
I'll try taking .25mg right now; if my anxiety worsens I'll take the other half later in the day. I'll let you know how it goes. I can always take more, but I can't take less :)

Hey @throwaway4benzos and a belated welcome to the Bluelight community! :) We are always happy to see new folks getting involved.

The only thing I know about you currently is what you have posted here, so forgive me. I don't think I know everything and all of this is just opinion. I'm sure you don't want to hear it, but please know that I'm 100% sincere.

Benzodiazepines are not meant to be used for longer than 2-4 weeks, period. When you have seen as much Benzo carnage as many of us here have, it's pretty easy to understand why those parameters exist.

Outside of these guidelines, I have met very few people for whom Benzodiazepines actually left them in better shape than when they started. You have mentioned binging on RC Benzodiazepines. This is a bad indicator man. There are many people out there with anxiety who thought they had found the holy grail when they first encountered Benzodiazepines. They just couldn't stand it. They start taking Benzodiazepines and the freedom one feels from that anxiety is intoxicating.

In my opinion, the best option would be to have a plan in which you will use the smallest dosage possible. While you're taking this prescribed dosage, you can spend that month getting things in your life straight that are causing your anxiety. Perhaps this means therapy, reconnecting with family/friends or something work-related. Either way, use the Benzodiazepines as a tool that is only one of many. After your month is up, you can do a taper until you're clean and attempt to hit life with what you've learned.

If that plan has no other parameters aside from taking Benzodiazepines, it's not likely to end well. They are just not suitable for chronic consumption in this manner and this is not my opinion but essentially an accepted fact.

I know you weren't looking for a lecture. Benzodiazepines can seem very benign, but they are extremely destructive when not used within established medical guidelines.

Very true. That's why I got my Lyrica script. I'm looking at the future. If there is a future. You get addicted to them and have another COVID speed bump it won't save you. If you take less and less I've gotten benefits from 1.25 mg. They where dissolvable. In my opinion. You where taking a RC that's so dangerous but I did believe you suffer anxiety. Working out clears all those toxins out. If you can take once a week that's perfect but I also get having anxiety everyday. I was yanked off 3 mg a day for seven yrs and that is just inhumane. You'll be OK if you listen to what we're trying to warn you off. .5 twice a day. THATS THE LIMIT. and start weaning see how far you can go without taking what your prescribe and never tell the doc your hoarding cuz I can guarantee you eventually you'll have to come off them

Hey man, I appreciate the advice. I'm only 21, but I've been lurking on BL for around 5 years. I've read a lot of horror stories. I have been going to the gym everyday since I got my script on Tuesday. I have been playing less video games. I started to hang out with my friends again. I have no family issues. Both of my parents love me dearly. My plan right now is to use these to get my life back together. I'm going back to school in March to finish my degree. I am in love with the sweet anxiety relief that benzos give me. I have been on every SSRI since high school and they do absolutely nothing for me. I finally feel normal for the first time in my life.
Hey @throwaway4benzos and a belated welcome to the Bluelight community! :) We are always happy to see new folks getting involved.

The only thing I know about you currently is what you have posted here, so forgive me. I don't think I know everything and all of this is just opinion. I'm sure you don't want to hear it, but please know that I'm 100% sincere.

Benzodiazepines are not meant to be used for longer than 2-4 weeks, period. When you have seen as much Benzo carnage as many of us here have, it's pretty easy to understand why those parameters exist.

Outside of these guidelines, I have met very few people for whom Benzodiazepines actually left them in better shape than when they started. You have mentioned binging on RC Benzodiazepines. This is a bad indicator man. There are many people out there with anxiety who thought they had found the holy grail when they first encountered Benzodiazepines. They just couldn't stand it. They start taking Benzodiazepines and the freedom one feels from that anxiety is intoxicating.

In my opinion, the best option would be to have a plan in which you will use the smallest dosage possible. While you're taking this prescribed dosage, you can spend that month getting things in your life straight that are causing your anxiety. Perhaps this means therapy, reconnecting with family/friends or something work-related. Either way, use the Benzodiazepines as a tool that is only one of many. After your month is up, you can do a taper until you're clean and attempt to hit life with what you've learned.

If that plan has no other parameters aside from taking Benzodiazepines, it's not likely to end well. They are just not suitable for chronic consumption in this manner and this is not my opinion but essentially an accepted fact.

I know you weren't looking for a lecture. Benzodiazepines can seem very benign, but they are extremely destructive when not used within established medical guidelines.

Last edited:
Did it work? It would be awesome if you could keep it at that dose.
Hey man, 0.25mg seems to work well in the morning. I took my other 0.25mg half yesterday around 5pm due to the klonopin wearing off. I have not gone over 0.5mg, which is my prescribed dosage. I plan on staying on 0.5mg for as long as possible. I believe that the RC I was taking, bromazolam has been out of my system for probably 5 days. I flushed the small amount I had left down the toilet as soon as I got prescribed Klonopin and suffered through the withdrawals.

Last edited:
Amen and amen
I truly do not want to abuse my medication. I just want to feel normal. I don't want to sit in the Chipotle parking lot for 10 minutes before going in. I want to go to the gym everyday without feeling like everyone in there is staring at me. I want to talk to girls. Love you man. I'll keep you updated on my journey.

Love you too. Maybe suggest gabapentin or Lyrica w the PDOC. They've always helped my social anxiety. It got way way outta hand tho.

Hey @throwaway4benzos

This all makes me very happy to hear. You're truly using the medication in the way it was meant to be used. You seem to be intelligent, informed and you have a plan of some kind. As you are, just use this time of relief as strategically as possible.

If we're talking purely of doses of .25mg Clonazepam (Klonopin; Rivotril) I could see you using it extremely sparingly on a long-term basis. Like, if you're doing well, but for one reason or another you have a regression, you can turn to the Clonazepam, but still using it strategically.

Good job dude. I hope it all works out for you. We're rooting for your success :)

It brings me great joy you doing it 4 you. F the world. It will only lead you down the path of destruction. Just realize when I said I'll pray 4 you. He answered so give Him the glory. I don't deserve it. Love you buddy.

My apologies for the late reply. My plan right now is to stay on 0.5mg for as long as I possibly can without getting my dosage raised. I am without a doubt mentally addicted to it. I look forward to taking it in the morning because I know without it I won't be able to properly function (socially, gym, etc). I would like to stay on Klonopin once my semester starts again due to not being able to ask questions and the fear of being/going to class.

This is not my first rodeo with benzos, I got my first girlfriend in high school because of Klonopin. I traded an 1/8th of weed for a couple of 0.25mg kpins from my friend's girlfriend. I never sought them out IRL or via the internet because I knew exactly what would happen; what goes up must come down (or what goes down must come up).

I certainly paid the price when I purchased 10 4mg bromazolam bars (I was sent 4 extra). I could not take it anymore, I just wanted to feel normal. I wanted to talk to girls like the rest of my friends. I wanted to go to the gym without feeling like everyone was staring at me. I don't want to cry in a bathroom bar on NYE due to feeling out of place.

I am trying to use my prescription as a tool. I don't want to drink on them or take illicit substances along with them. I don't want to sit around getting stoned all day. I want to be productive. I want to succeed in life. I want to face my problems head-on with zero fear.

Sorry for the rant, I love all of you guys. I will be keeping all of y'all updated.

Hey @throwaway4benzos

This all makes me very happy to hear. You're truly using the medication in the way it was meant to be used. You seem to be intelligent, informed and you have a plan of some kind. As you are, just use this time of relief as strategically as possible.

If we're talking purely of doses of .25mg Clonazepam (Klonopin; Rivotril) I could see you using it extremely sparingly on a long-term basis. Like, if you're doing well, but for one reason or another you have a regression, you can turn to the Clonazepam, but still using it strategically.

Good job dude. I hope it all works out for you. We're rooting for your success :)
Long time no see. I hope everyone has been well; I certainly have. My clonazepam prescription has been an excellent tool. Without a doubt in my mind, it has helped me get my life back together.

Love all of you; stay safe, my friends.