• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo Withdrawal (i think) and cocaine?

300THB

Bluelighter
So im ment to be going for a night out on the 21st of this month. That is approximately 16 days from now. I have not been out in probably 10 months or more. So i can almost guarantee that i will end up using cocaine and alcohol on this night out. Im aware that cocaine and alcohol is a potentially dangerous combination because after a few lines your completely unaware of how drunk you are. But i will be drinking beer and other low percentage drinks most of the night and don't intend to hammer the alcohol because i really don't like being drunk. But i do happen to love cocaine (despite not using it for close to a year).

Now my problem. Im severely dependent on Lorazepam. I have been taking it for over a year.

My normal benzo daily schedule was as follows.

Afternoon - 0.8mg - 1mg Lorazepam
Night - 0.5mg Lorazepam before bed

Total 1.5mg split into 2 daily dosages with the higher 1mg dose being taken in the afternoon.

I noticed that i seem to enter benzo withdrawal very easily. Im talking 5-10 hours after my usual dosage time i start to get withdrawal symptoms.

Because i want to go out and have a good night, i realized that my daily dosage of Lorazepam would have to stop. Because alcohol and benzos is not something i will combine.

So i have completely cut out my 1mg daily dosage and increased my night before bed dosage to 1mg. So i now just take 1mg at night nothing through the day.

And i feel very dissociated and a bit dizzy sometimes in the day. Plus a little higher anxiety.

Accept for slight derealization i don't feel many other side effects and im now on day 3 of changing my dosage. No anxiety attacks or insomnia i have been sleeping really well.i
My question is, should i stabilize on this new dosage in the next 16 days? and if so would it be dangerous using cocaine after just coming out of benzo withdrawal?

I have checked my heart rate today and its as follows (day 3).

BP 134/80
Heart rate 92

Does this look right for being in benzo withdrawal? because honestly i feel these are very normal numbers for someone in benzo withdrawal. Last time i was in withdrawal and got rushed into ER my heart rate was 165, so this looks too normal for withdrawal?

Please offer any input.