• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo with the least memory suppression

I feel diazepam has the least blackouts and retrograde amnesia, but don't quote me on that. I don't have any studies, just personal experience. I've blacked out from alprazolam and clonazapam. Clonazapam got me a traffic citation for bumping into another vehicle. All I remember was a white car and getting a .08 BAC , don't remember what the officer and the other driver looked like, but I was very stupid for driving like that but fortunate that I didn't get a DUI.

I don't have any studies but I know by far the worse for me is a high dose of Ativan.

any benzo at a moderate to high dose will cause memory problems.......clon being the worst but its the best all around benzo on the planet!

I would have thought the worst would be midazolam, given that's what it's largely used for. I dunno, my experience with benzos extends only to diazepam, which I've never had a problem with, and alprazolam, which I consider evil.

The hypnotic ones, I believe, cause the most memory loss: the "Z" drugs, temazepam, definitely midazolam, probably clonazepam and diazepam. What works for people varies.

When it comes to traditional bzd's I'd say Valium for sure. On high enough doses I would still do stupid shit but I'd remember every bit, xanax on the other is like time travel to tomorrow. Overall I would say etizolam has the least retrograde amnesia. Before I screwed my tolerance I could be wrecked off of 10mgs without losing a minute

I've never tried flunitrazepam but I've heard it has no memory loss but instead makes you notice more. But I have a hard time believing that about any Benzo

I've never tried flunitrazepam but I've heard it has no memory loss but instead makes you notice more. But I have a hard time believing that about any Benzo

I've tried it and would disagree and you're right to have a hard time believing. It's all about dosage though i suppose. I concur with with Valium. Haven't tried etiz.

Diazepam has by far the least amnesia for me, even in higher doses and if i drink ethanol with it. On top its well rounded effects, its still the gold standard for me. Just its half life is way way too long. Clonazepam is intermediate. The worst blackouts i had were with triazolo derivatives, lorazepam, lormetazepam. But any benzos have this effect especially if you have no tolerance or go overboard with the dosage.

I've blacked out for an entire week on xannies, but ive never blacked out on clanazapram unless i drank too. But i like xanax better *shrugs*

The worst blackouts i had were with triazolo derivatives, lorazepam, lormetazepam. But any benzos have this effect especially if you have no tolerance or go overboard with the dosage.
I agree 100%
the real problem with lorazepam is you don't fall asleep if you take too much like Xanax. I've only ever nodded once on lorazepam but I do forget how much I've taken and take more which only makes it worse. I usually can't remember much from after it kicks in for awhile until I'm coming down. (Also it increases the likelihood of me stealing. Could just be me though)