• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo w/d time

hurtstoobad

Greenlighter
Hi all - I have a horrendous spine, which has prompted me to take Percocet. I started with eight #10s per day (in 2008 and I'm down to just three #5s per day. I'm not addicted by its definition to them, but I'm a binger. If I have them, I will take them but I won't go out of my way to get them. Same thing with all drugs.

Because pain turns me into a huge beotch, I occasionally get a script for 60 Xanax (gobble them all up right away of course) but I have never felt the withdrawal from them before. I assume because of the opiates. But I've been out of opiates for a week now, and I'm feeling the lack of Xanax huge. Life sucks, I want to die and all I can think about is this horrible depression I'm in. I never feel the withdrawal from the opiates because they're just like taking Tylenol for me now. All those awful "flu times 10" symptoms are long gone. Even the emotional crash is gone. But Xanax ..... oh. my. gosh it's hellish.

I know the only way to get off benzos is with tapering and more benzos. But I do not want to take anymore pills at all right now. So .... given all this, how long can I expect this depression to last? I had about 40 1mg pills in about a week's time, and I took my last one on Sunday. I'm really strong and don't mind suffering and being sick. I just would like to know how long this will last. I'm not real accustomed to benzos at all. Thanks ahead.

Hi all - I have a horrendous spine, which has prompted me to take Percocet. I started with eight #10s per day (in 2008 and I'm down to just three #5s per day. I'm not addicted by its definition to them, but I'm a binger. If I have them, I will take them but I won't go out of my way to get them. Same thing with all drugs.

Because pain turns me into a huge beotch, I occasionally get a script for 60 Xanax (gobble them all up right away of course) but I have never felt the withdrawal from them before. I assume because of the opiates. But I've been out of opiates for a week now, and I'm feeling the lack of Xanax huge. Life sucks, I want to die and all I can think about is this horrible depression I'm in. I never feel the withdrawal from the opiates because they're just like taking Tylenol for me now. All those awful "flu times 10" symptoms are long gone. Even the emotional crash is gone. But Xanax ..... oh. my. gosh it's hellish.

I know the only way to get off benzos is with tapering and more benzos. But I do not want to take anymore pills at all right now. So .... given all this, how long can I expect this depression to last? I had about 40 1mg pills in about a week's time, and I took my last one on Sunday. I'm really strong and don't mind suffering and being sick. I just would like to know how long this will last. I'm not real accustomed to benzos at all. Thanks ahead.

Hmmmmmmm this is a tricky context. Alprazolam withdrawal is the most intense of all benzos due to its strong binding affinity to the Gaba-A receptors combined with its extremely short active life. Usually, most Drs will prescribe Clonazepam or Diazepam to safely taper off albeit I don't think you're at risk of seizures if you gobble up the xanax right away...

If I were you, I'd ask the Dr. to write me an RX for 1mg of clonazepam a day for 2 months and use that to taper

Thanks so much. I appreciate your speedy reply but I can't tell my PA that I took them all or he'll label me an addict and taper me off until I'm down to nothing. But I still do need the opiates because I have real, legitimate pain. I'm going to have to get creative, lol.

Yeah benzo withdrawls are fuckin HELL! Try taking a low dose of either diazepam or clonazepam, diazepam would probably be a little better to do a taper with. do it slow like start out at either 1mg of clonazepam or 5-10mg of diazepam and take just a little less every other day until your down to nothin. I have never had to go more than a week or so without benzos since being on them for the past 4 years, klonopin mostly. The times I have gone more than 4-7 days with nothing were complete hell though. I was not only mentally losing my mind but I was also physically sick with flu like symptoms which came on around the 4th day, before the 4th day it was all mental issues like anxiety through the roof, no sleep at all, and just completely uncomfortable like someone was inside me trying to jump out or something. I have had friends stop taking Xanax cold turkey and 2 of them had grand maul seizures after a week with nothing. Benzo withdrawls make opiate withdrawls look like a walk in the park.

Thanks so much. I appreciate your speedy reply but I can't tell my PA that I took them all or he'll label me an addict and taper me off until I'm down to nothing. But I still do need the opiates because I have real, legitimate pain. I'm going to have to get creative, lol.

Definitely don't tell him about abusing the xanax but mention that you are currently suffering with exacerbated rebound anxiety, and you'd like to switch to a more mild benzodiazepine with a longer half life to ease into a taper.

Good luck finding a 1st that'll write u ANY benzos for withdrawal. I pray you do and,get help, but don't get ur hopes up....unless you live in Florida., maybe West Virginia.