• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Benzo vs Nicotine withdrawal?

That's funny because I find nicotine by itself one of the most short lived unsatisfying array of effects out there yet I am hooked right now I swear it's got a stranglehold on my mind and brain like a mental wrestling match getting free of it and I am losing this round

I have no plan to quit alcohol I have realized someone as unhinged as I cannot plan they cannot stick to things better leave it to a group to do their best thinking in my case AA or else I will die from full-fledged madness in one form another if a freak accident doesn't become the final destination beforehand

Benzos I would imagine like alcohol if physically dependent a taper is needed unless inpatient detox is required nicotine tapering doesn't do shit for me when I decide to go cold turkey that seems to be when it sticks I recently tried lozenges but they only prolonged the inevitable and kept me wanting a stronger buzz while making me sick

I should chew these whole cloves when this vape dies and get my senses back under my healthy side of the mind's grip on nature trails before it's too late for second chances due to a horrible health complication not to say more

Benzos and alcohol nearly died probably more than once combining them never got physically hooked on either surely I would take benzos to the point of dependence if they were a recreational store shelf item like booze but what am I saying why am I trying to get hooked it's not a decision really it's what happens when my brain tries to use high risk addictive substances

Sorry ruminating nicotine can kill you from using it long-term as can alcohol they may end up consuming you a slow torturous cancerous burn benzos thank goodness I never got hooked probably would have died in my sleep drinking with them wouldn't even get a fair shot to WD now there's one withdrawal hospital may be required

Phenibut now there is one hell of a drug to WD from I knew heroin users said it was worse angels and demons fighting over him one said had to go to the hospital it was that extreme

Last edited:
just curious were you using benzos or other gabapentanoid type substances at the same time? IME if you drink alcohol and take benzos, they amplify the GABA WD when taken together, and kind of only offset the GABA induced WD when taken separately.

I think benzos are less are hard on the body than alcohol, but way more physically addicting if you get to that level.

I once quit a pretty 2 year benzo dependency. I've sadly on the precipice of another. I'm also a nicotine user for sure.

Nicotine requires a decision to quit. I do think there is a physiological component to nicotine addiction, but it's relatively minor. Benzos or even heavy alcohol requires that same hard decision, but also a plan.

I did have a friend die from delerium tremens, alcohol
Not at the same time but its was a rotating system. Binge drinking Booze and going way to far, because at that last point I was addicted to about 0.7 liter of hard liquor/ 24 hour's. Sometimes beginning at wakening.
This is the description of my last fall in the Alcohol trap, only this time I couldn't get myself out.
The Benzo's were an tool in breaking the vicious cycle (like using for sleepless nights). Never used a Benzo recreational or with Alcohol at once with the aim of getting wasted).

What I did use to do is taper the Ethanol and switch to therapeutic dosages of mostly RC/ seldom prescription Benzo's. Taper these. Be clean and start allover again.
Or drink in the Morning and/ or afternoon, stop in the evening. And sleep on a Benzo.
Alcohol had become pretty good at disturbing my sleep at that point.

Bottomline, it alway's was a battle to quit, as the WD's/ PAWS are so long lasting. but that last time I had unknowingly become physically addicted (1st time) that it was scaring, and not a little uncomfort but fullblown WD's.
Having had insult's I voluntary admitted to a Detox and went through the bottom, despite 80 mg Diazepam coursing through my blood which took the edge off.
They woke me every 2 hour's, which was probably cause I was at higher risk getting an insult. Second day on 40 mg sweating still and pissed my bed. A normal side effect of Benzo's nursey said? I never experienced it. Indicating my Benzo use was pretty mild, afaik I was not addicted to them.

DT should occur mininually 48 hour's after, and gives Hallucination's. Even NCBI support's this, any idea if there is any truth in that Didgital?
And does one stay (semi) aware during?
Before, during the insult and after (where I had the presumably Post-Ictal-Psychose) was ended with meds (2 hour's to late imo just guessing the time frame as I was not there). At that point I became lucid again, on eguivalent of 100 mg Diazepam and Haldol.

Delier occur's at 1 in 3 entering SEH and in most cases the patient is drowsy and confused, they are aware. Doesn't sound like it either but that is what's written in my file.

Pre and Post-Ictal Psychosis occur's before and after an seizure/ insult. And is characterized by monkey like behaviour. I tried to pull out the infuse continuesly, while I am death scared of needles. total amnesia. With four panicked SEH-ers speaking into thin air. I was almost totally unaware (thanx) except a few calm moments (when with a single relaxed nurse). The rest of the time I was in a storm where my memory was shut of.

Very sorry about your lost friend, good reminder the hardest most dangerous drug on earth (imo) is in your parent's cabinet, legal and so inbedded in our society.

Last edited:
That's funny because I find nicotine by itself one of the most short lived unsatisfying array of effects out there yet I am hooked right now I swear it's got a stranglehold on my mind and brain like a mental wrestling match getting free of it and I am losing this round

I have no plan to quit alcohol I have realized someone as unhinged as I cannot plan they cannot stick to things better leave it to a group to do their best thinking in my case AA or else I will die from full-fledged madness in one form another if a freak accident doesn't become the final destination beforehand

Benzos I would imagine like alcohol if physically dependent a taper is needed unless inpatient detox is required nicotine tapering doesn't do shit for me when I decide to go cold turkey that seems to be when it sticks I recently tried lozenges but they only prolonged the inevitable and kept me wanting a stronger buzz while making me sick

I should chew these whole cloves when this vape dies and get my senses back under my healthy side of the mind's grip on nature trails before it's too late for second chances due to a horrible health complication not to say more

Benzos and alcohol nearly died probably more than once combining them never got physically hooked on either surely I would take benzos to the point of dependence if they were a recreational store shelf item like booze but what am I saying why am I trying to get hooked it's not a decision really it's what happens when my brain tries to use high risk addictive substances

Sorry ruminating nicotine can kill you from using it long-term as can alcohol they may end up consuming you a slow torturous cancerous burn benzos thank goodness I never got hooked probably would have died in my sleep drinking with them wouldn't even get a fair shot to WD now there's one withdrawal hospital may be required

Phenibut now there is one hell of a drug to WD from I knew heroin users said it was worse angels and demons fighting over him one said had to go to the hospital it was that extreme
In Detox no drug's are allowed beside nicotin, coffee and tea.

So when the smoking question came up, I do use a little Tobacco everyday. The choice was smoke or we can offer you a patch. What for Nicotin, the offer was declined. Actually my guess is its not the Nicotin that what draws us to Tobacco but an other active Alkaloid.
As nicotin cheek gum does not kill the crave for a puff of Tobacco. Ime.
While Cytisine does, while its mechanism is preventing Nicotin from binding due to higher affinity. So they basically do the same, one more efficiant. Contradicting info.

But its craving to me, not in any way physical and maybe slightly psychologically addicting although alluring words it better.

Giving up Weed was harder as it would have actually have been beneficial imo. Regulating stress/ mood, anti-emetic and the munchie's.

None had an noticeable WD. They still don't, but quitting now nah. BTw after a week orso out of Detox-boredom I did start smoking 2 cig's a day (American Spirit). This also allowed me contact with the chainsmoker's gang.
Most were coffee addict's aswell, from dusk till dawn? Or dawn till dusk? 😬

And although Phenibut just don't go well with me. Just longlasting nausea no matter the dose. After taking Pregabalin another Gabapentinoid a few year's. Abrupt cessation from 225 mg/ day gave no WD's while other's do experience WD's from it. Lucky me.

Last edited:
Is it nicotine or {tobbacco (and additives *or not)} ?

As you may have read I have been around 1/4 pack a day for a couple months and am DEFINITELY addicted, been there enough times to know the feeling.

However I did grab one of those "breeze" nicotine vape deals and it has HELPED A TON. Not a complete replacement. Something about the smoke, taste, feel (freebase nicotine, I would assume true with vapes as well?

I still crave a cigarette now and than and am currently indulging a two a day taper (which has been 0 problem with vapey, no more-ish feeling).

EmkeeRevoked- Where I live there is no nicotine or caffeine in detox. Not even a damn benadryl untill your BP hits dangerous levels. In addition to that all of your scripts become subject to the dr. they assign you. Say good by to controlled meds, doesnt matter your story.

Same with jail; actually I think it may just be controlled substances in jail. I remember when I was uh researching about 50-60 mg of clonazolam a day; scripted 4 mg xanax and 16 mgs buprenorphine... Begging the best lawyer in town (high publicity murder guy usually) to accept my piddily "constructive possession of paraphenalia" charge.... him "Kid this case is just not large enough for you to spend that kind of money and me to spend that kind of time on; worst case scenario your looking at a week in jail". Me "Counselour with the medications im prescribed and the county jails 'policy' (it must be) is no controlled meds; that is a death sentence by seizure" Him "Still why would I spend my time on this small time" Me interrupting with a lude offer I could not afford and am still working off.... He made over a grand a day I'll put it that way.

Still couldn't win a f'ckin case where an engaged couple, the man driving; had a pipe in his car but since they both pointed at me when they asked whose pipe it was. And I kept my fuckin mouth shut; APPARENTLY THAT CONSTITUTES A CONFESSION?

bah humbug

Last edited: